• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

I'm sure I am underestimating it, but I'm awesome at everything. Do we have another board member that plays the banjo? We can be dually banjoers.

I've had one for about 7 years. Haven't done much on it in a while but it can be a quite tricky. Took me forever to get the fingerpicking right bc I want to do it like a 6 string. The chords aren't really hard to remember and but if you want to riff it can be difficult to remember DACA. Your brain will want to play it as EBGD or GDAE, as you would a mandolin. Additionally, the nuance of the sound off the resonator takes some getting used to, especially for someone like me who didn't grow up playing music.

PO Frog

I've had one for about 7 years. Haven't done much on it in a while but it can be a quite tricky. Took me forever to get the fingerpicking right bc I want to do it like a 6 string. The chords aren't really hard to remember and but if you want to riff it can be difficult to remember DACA. Your brain will want to play it as EBGD or GDAE, as you would a mandolin. Additionally, the nuance of the sound off the resonator takes some getting used to, especially for someone like me who didn't grow up playing music.
Just let DACA expire

netty2424

MV5BMTM4OTQ1NzcxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE2NzYxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR67,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

nwlafrog

Sometimes I get mad when I see a recruiting thread or other important threads that have a new post and after I click it to see the update, I realize that it is a worthless post that was neither funny or insightful..... Then I think about how literally none of my posts have ever added any value to an actual TCU Athletics topic and I realize that I’m just a spoiled reader who mostly posts gibberish from time to time.

— I’m also cranky and someone pissed in my Apple Jacks.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Sometimes I get mad when I see a recruiting thread or other important threads that have a new post and after I click it to see the update, I realize that it is a worthless post that was neither funny or insightful..... Then I think about how literally none of my posts have ever added any value to an actual TCU Athletics topic and I realize that I’m just a spoiled reader who mostly posts gibberish from time to time.

— I’m also cranky and someone pissed in my Apple Jacks.
I wouldn't worry about that. I think we have more than enough know it all sports experts with ridiculous expectations and awful opinions around here. There might be ten posters that provide good info on a regular basis. You keep doing your thing.

And for the record all of my posts are the equivalent of making fart noises in class when the teacher isn't looking. I'm ok with that.

Edit: after re-reading it sounds like I'm saying you would be a know it all sports expert with terible opinions, etc. That isn't what I meant.

Last edited:

Tom Brown

I wouldn't worry about that. I think we have more than enough know it all sports experts with ridiculous expectations and awful opinions around here. There might be ten posters that provide good info on a regular basis. You keep doing your thing.

And for the record all of my posts are the equivalent of making fart noises in class when the teacher isn't looking. I'm ok with that.

Edit: after re-reading it sounds like I'm saying you would be a know it all sports expert with terible opinions, etc. That isn't what I meant.

Im really pissed at CDC. He hired Dixon and booked it. I see now that we could have had multiple coaches with greater basketball knowledge, of course they choose to remain anonymous in game day threads.
So we got this guy that can only win NIT games. He cant even beat the best college basketball player in I dont know how long.