• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Sand Frog

Need more help from the HASMSPers. I'm at a cross roads. I currently have 8 season tickets. The opportunity has presented itself to move down in the +6 section behind our bench with beer service. Do I:

A) seize this golden opportunity for myself and enjoy it's laurels or
B) buy the tickets, list on stubhub for opposing fans, and raise maniacs blood pressure?

SnoSki

It's like watching nerdy white guys rap poorly. so awful

A89.gif

Mean Purple

After watching this CMA Fest, new country sucks. Give me Prime Country any day.
Land Frog,
You are spot on. It is even finding its way more into the broadcasts at the Opry, which usually has a better balance. If I have to hear one more "star" from the tv show Nashville sing asthmatically off key, I'm gonna pull the sirius/xm capable system out of the dash and mail it to Luke Bryan with a note about what he can do with it.

Algorithm "country" lyrics are destroying everything. It is like a laser beam of suck blasting out of the speakers. Scott Borschetta and his ilk are very responsible for this latest musical abomination. Even music acts that had really good country sounding break through releases, are forced into the 80s/90s pop sound by the second tour. And they have so many crap agreements with radio stations, that it all just goes down hill from there.

Ok, I feel better now.

Saving Country Music is a site I visit occasionally. His worst albums of the year articles are great. His death nail writings about country rap are even better.

Think I'll find a link to the most Roll Toad direct version of those and post it.

Ok, I feel better now.

Mean Purple

Land Frog,
You are spot on. It is even finding its way more into the broadcasts at the Opry, which usually has a better balance. If I have to hear one more "star" from the tv show Nashville sing asthmatically off key, I'm gonna pull the sirius/xm capable system out of the dash and mail it to Luke Bryan with a note about what he can do with it.

Algorithm "country" lyrics are destroying everything. It is like a laser beam of suck blasting out of the speakers. Scott Borschetta and his ilk are very responsible for this latest musical abomination. Even music acts that had really good country sounding break through releases, are forced into the 80s/90s pop sound by the second tour. And they have so many crap agreements with radio stations, that it all just goes down hill from there.

Ok, I feel better now.

Saving Country Music is a site I visit occasionally. His worst albums of the year articles are great. His death nail writings about country rap are even better.

Think I'll find a link to the most Roll Toad direct version of those and post it.

Ok, I feel better now.

Example 1 of many.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/florida-georgia-lines-song-cruise-a-rant/

Mean Purple

.... and Game, Set, Match. (Only problem is, the list is fo 2013. So it just got worse from there.)

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/saving-country-musics-worst-songs-of-2013/

Luke Bryan’s music has the nutritional value of notebook paper, and is the clinical result of when an entertainer spreads his arms wide in a submissive pose and relents his entire will to the country music industrial complex, saying “Do your worst.” Luke Bryan has no soul.

Purp

Pancho's has to be the best bargain in restaurant food out there. Spent a lot of time there back in the day.
I used to get free meals there in elementary school for perfect attendance and straight As. Between my sister and I we'd have 3 coupons (she couldn't figure out the straight A incentive) and my mom would take us for a free family meal. We'd eat some buffet food and then devour buckets of those sopapillas. Loved that place back then, but I don't think my guts could handle it anymore.

Purp

Land Frog,

Ok, I feel better now.

Ok, I feel better now.
I wasn't a country fan in the late 90s and early aughts. There wasn't much that appealed to me, though I did like a handful of artists. Mid 2000s I started to enjoy it more. That's probably when most of you started to enjoy it less, but it gained a lot more popularity on radio. I agree, though, that the pendulum has swung far too much in the other direction and its hard to differentiate one artist from another.

The lyrics, which were always the appeal of country music in the first place, have become juvenile/immature and vacuous. I enjoyed the Colt Ford type of act when it started b/c it was unique and fun, plus I like rap and simple people from the sticks. But I don't want everyone to do it b/c it starts to feel like the #1 song on the charts that gets tired and overplayed in the first week of radio play.

I didn't watch the CMAs, but I've not been terribly interested in it for a while. I'm hoping the organic success of someone like Chris Stapleton will help swing the pendulum back to something more palatable.