• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ShepFrog

Are any of the sleep meds safe to take with alcohol? I don't have a horrible time falling asleep, but when I drink I always wake up in the middle of the night and have a hard time falling back asleep.
I would never drink on Ambien again. Once I got MC Hammered with some friends and took an ambien after. Ended up pissing on my living room floor and punching through a window (I am not one to punch walls and stuff out of anger). My buddies said I was talking crazy also. Never again. Trazadone, I started taking after I stopped getting hammered. On about three drinks trazadone never gives me an issue. Ambien is dangerous drug to mess with though.

DeuceBoogieNights

Not sure if serious.

Brilliant idea in my opinion. I hate paper tickets. This will be the 100% norm in 3 years.

And my 4 year old has an IPhone to watch YouTube and boat. Homeless people have smartphones. Maybe some way older people don't...but not many.

Guess I'm in the minority. Hate having to use my phone for stuff and I like keeping the ticket stub. Still though, what if your phone dies? What if it dies while you are inside and you can't get back to your seat?

ShepFrog

Guess I'm in the minority. Hate having to use my phone for stuff and I like keeping the ticket stub. Still though, what if your phone dies? What if it dies while you are inside and you can't get back to your seat?
I am with you... Using my phone for things freaks me out. For a back up to a paper ticket? Down with that, but just relying on my phone only... That freaks me out. I break phones all the time and I am the master of phone issues. No thanks.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I second trazadone, as I mentioned earlier. I took for about 6 months when I was going through a transitional period and was having a hard time sleeping. I don't really remember any cons. I liked it because it was smooth - it didn't knock you the f out. You could stay up if you needed, but once you hit the pillow you'd be out. Personally, I won't mess with Ambien unless you one has a serious case of insomnia. And benzos like xanax and klonopin can be very habit forming, with addictive properties.
So you used to be Chica Dusty?

Ron Swanson

I'm going to float the Guadalupe for a buddies birthday. Just got a case of beers and some breakfast tacos. I plan to be passed out by 6pm after all beers are gone and river is conquered. Should be a good day.
Man I haven't floated the river in years... such a blast

I organized a river trip (kind of on a whim) with about 10 friends back in like 2009 or something and one of my buddies ended up marrying a girl he met while floating. They have two little kids now and are happy as can be.

Crazy how life works

dkfrog

Mavs went to a swipe card system for season ticket holders the last couple of years. You basically just get a credit card looking thing that they swipe at the gate and print your tickets. Good concept, but the swipe machines never worked.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Mavs went to a swipe card system for season ticket holders the last couple of years. You basically just get a credit card looking thing that they swipe at the gate and print your tickets. Good concept, but the swipe machines never worked.

Sounds like the old ARA and the follow on Marriot "systems" the old campus cafeteria had waay back in the late 70's.

Punter1

I organized a river trip (kind of on a whim) with about 10 friends back in like 2009 or something and one of my buddies ended up marrying a girl he met while floating. They have two little kids now and are happy as can be.

Crazy how life works

I'm from FTW and love it so much. But I'm never moving from the Austin area if I can help it. Floating the river once a week in the summer combined with all the live music, musicfests, and proximity to the coast....its just the best.

I tell people living in Austin is like living on a never ending road trip.

Chico Dusty

Crazy how life works

That's awesome. So true. I haven't done it since my junior year at TCU - 11 years ago. Pretty pumped