• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

lowfrog

Anybody getting a bunch of random calls from the same 3 number prefix as their cell phone, robocalls trying to get you to say "yes" in general on a recorded line? At&t is provider, this just started recently.

What can someone do about that?

This may/may not help. If the robocallers follow the laws, it will help. Not all of them do, or find ways around it or use exceptions in the laws, so it may not help in all cases.

https://www.texasnocall.com

www.donotcall.gov

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Anybody getting a bunch of random calls from the same 3 number prefix as their cell phone, robocalls trying to get you to say "yes" in general on a recorded line? At&t is provider, this just started recently.

Block the numbers. It's really the only thing that works.

mcdaddy

For about a year, I've been getting same on 214 att cell phone with same first 3 numbers. Now I know and just ignore them all. Not too much of a bother.

Purp

I went into my bathroom a couple hours ago bc I heard the toilet flush but I never heard anything hit the water before hand. I walked in to find my son with his shirt off and the sleeves wet, water all over the floor, and flushed toilet paper floating in the water.

I proceed to flush the toilet, but it only filled the bowl with water. About 40 plunger punches later I still can't get it to flush. At this point I'm hotter than a road lizard when I go after my son, but he's giggling the whole time bc he thinks I'm playing chase. That only sets me off more.

I finally found him and carried him back to my bathroom. Then I sternly explain that only 3 things go down the toilet; pee, poo, and toilet paper. Then I make him back brief me.

Me: What are the 3 things that can go down the toilet?

Dalton: Ummm... Poo poo. Ummmm... Toilet paper. Ummmmmmm... GLASSES!

Purpette had to leave the room before erupting in laughter and I couldn't get a word out without my voice cracking while I was trying to act harder than woodpecker lips.

The little twerp flushed his toy safety glasses and clogged the toilet, then tried to reach his arm into the toilet to retrieve them. But I can't be mad. I just went and kissed him on the head before going to bed bc I love him so much and we laugh so hard at him. Almost 4 years in with him and I'm pretty sure this is only the tip of the iceberg.

#blessed
#dadlife

cdsfrog

I went into my bathroom a couple hours ago bc I heard the toilet flush but I never heard anything hit the water before hand. I walked in to find my son with his shirt off and the sleeves wet, water all over the floor, and flushed toilet paper floating in the water.

I proceed to flush the toilet, but it only filled the bowl with water. About 40 plunger punches later I still can't get it to flush. At this point I'm hotter than a road lizard when I go after my son, but he's giggling the whole time bc he thinks I'm playing chase. That only sets me off more.

I finally found him and carried him back to my bathroom. Then I sternly explain that only 3 things go down the toilet; pee, poo, and toilet paper. Then I make him back brief me.

Me: What are the 3 things that can go down the toilet?

Dalton: Ummm... Poo poo. Ummmm... Toilet paper. Ummmmmmm... GLASSES!

Purpette had to leave the room before erupting in laughter and I couldn't get a word out without my voice cracking while I was trying to act harder than woodpecker lips.

The little twerp flushed his toy safety glasses and clogged the toilet, then tried to reach his arm into the toilet to retrieve them. But I can't be mad. I just went and kissed him on the head before going to bed bc I love him so much and we laugh so hard at him. Almost 4 years in with him and I'm pretty sure this is only the tip of the iceberg.

#blessed
#dadlife

haha this is my future. Im so screwed. Excellent.

Purp

Purp, modify your list to include vomit. The sooner your kid figures out that when he needs to throw up, he needs to be at the toilet, the simpler your life will be.
I had a 17 year who could not grasp the concept.
Sorry bout your toilet...
I thought about vomit, but he's never had to vomit in the toilet yet so I didn't want to confuse him with something he wasn't familiar with. I was afraid that would only open the door in his mind to other allowable things like glasses so I decided to just stick with what he knows. Sage advice, though. I'll be vigilant to introduce the toilet for vomit as soon as I'm confident it won't result in hot wheels, golf balls, or keys in the toilet.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I thought about vomit, but he's never had to vomit in the toilet yet so I didn't want to confuse him with something he wasn't familiar with. I was afraid that would only open the door in his mind to other allowable things like glasses so I decided to just stick with what he knows. Sage advice, though. I'll be vigilant to introduce the toilet for vomit as soon as I'm confident it won't result in hot wheels, golf balls, or keys in the toilet.

I have been very lucky in this regard with my own kids. Not once have either of them put anything in the toilet that shouldn't be there. However, my daughter had a friend from school over who promptly deposited two rare McQueen color changing cars into the toilet and flushed them. Based on what they go for on EBay last I checked they are irreplaceable as far as I am concerned. And the little girl thought it was funny.

StigFrog

Purp, modify your list to include vomit. The sooner your kid figures out that when he needs to throw up, he needs to be at the toilet, the simpler your life will be.
I had a 17 year who could not grasp the concept.
Sorry bout your toilet...
Never could figure out why my now 13 year old would go past his bathroom, down the stairs, past the hall bath, and through the master bedroom to tell us he thought he was going to throw up.
And on a related note, why do cats only have hairballs at night?