1. The KillerFrogs

Happy Birthday Wes! 12-3-1950

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by steelfrog, Dec 2, 2019.

1. #1 steelfrog, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2019
    Our friend Wes was born 69 years ago tomorrow. He will be joined on his special day by his daughter Julia and his brother Robert, in addition to his awesome wife Claire. Fortunately he will celebrate at his home in Georgetown, Tx.

I don't mean to alarm anyone but as you know the arc of his disease is not good and while Wes's strength has allowed him to defy the odds in terms of the number of months he has survived, the situation is becoming grim. The saving grace is that now Wes sleeps most all of the time, and is not in a hospital but is at his home, which, thanks to Claire's hard work, has been a rare blessing in this terrible situation. His ability to communicate is mostly gone. He stopped eating a couple of weeks ago.

I've had a couple of PMs asking about Wes and am not asking for anything in particular in this thread, just thought I would update you all as many of you count him among your friends. And publicly wish our friend a happy birthday.

EDIT: Update from Claire

RobFrog, SnoSki, stbrab and 43 others like this.
  2. Hard to say thank you for bad news, but it's good that you shared this with us. So Thank you.

3. Thank you. I met Wes with the old FFF of Don's in the mid-90's. Plus through his invitation I was one of the original owners of Killerfrogs.com.

Happy Birthday, Wes!

4. Congratulations on your big day tomorrow, Wes. You remain in my prayers.

5. Thank you Steel. I know you have a shtick on here and I have appreciated the humor in the past, but I appreciate the open and honest posts like this even more. Please let Wes know in one of his lucid moments that KillerFrogs is praying for strength, understanding, and peace in this time of struggle, for both him and his family and friends.

6. HBD, Wes. You’ve shown uncommon grace in the midst of very difficult circumstances.

7. Happy B-day, we love you.

Roy & Pat

Ryann Zeller, tcudoc and steelfrog like this.
  8. Happy Birthday to a great guy.

9. Thank you for the update, Steel, as hard as it is to accept.

Happy birthday, Wes!

10. Happy birthday to the Fightin'est Horned Frog!

11. Happy Birthday to one of the greatest Horn Frogs ever.

Ryann Zeller, Frog DJ, Wexahu and 2 others like this.
  12. Happy Birthday Wes! Just wait till next year to enjoy Gary's resurgence!!

13. Happy Birthday Wes!

steelfrog likes this.
  14. Happy Birthday Wes!

steelfrog likes this.
  15. Happy Birthday Wes.

steelfrog likes this.
  16. Wes is and always will be a champ.

bc puckett, tcudoc and steelfrog like this.
  17. Cheers to the great one! Fight em on the ice! Have a terrific B-day Wes!

Frog DJ, tcudoc and steelfrog like this.
  18. Praying for a peaceful and loving last birthday celebration for Wes and his family. Thank you Wes for sharing your journey with us. You are very loved around here.

19. Thanks steel

GP frog and steelfrog like this.
  20. A report from Claire today:

"Wes has started the “active dying" stage. Skin starting to mottle, fingernails going blue."

You will never know how sorry I am to be reporting this, but I thought you all should know.

froghair, Moose Stuff, Frogo and 3 others like this.