• The KillerFrogs

Hanging on to #4

Frogs1983

Surprised Iowa State not in at #25 .Hopefully # 27 is the best they get for a while longer. The leeway the Coaches give some of these "Blue Blood" schools is ridiculous.

TCUWIN

How is Wisconsin that close behind in points? They haven't played anybody!
Because it's the Big 10. During the radio broadcast of auburn-Arkansas last night, a fan tweeted the question what is the best division in the sec. the announcer said, lets change that question to best division in college football. Then said the big 10 division with whisky, Michigan st, penn state, etc was the best.

TCUWIN

The big 10 will have several lurking toward the top so to guarantee a big 10 rep in the playoffs with Alabama. Those two spots are filled. Pac is out. Notre dame will get a spot if the win out...not that they deserve it... so the big 12 and Clemson will fight for the final playoff spot.

Dr. Coach Haus

Because it's the Big 10. During the radio broadcast of auburn-Arkansas last night, a fan tweeted the question what is the best division in the sec. the announcer said, lets change that question to best division in college football. Then said the big 10 division with whisky, Michigan st, penn state, etc was the best.
Wisconsin is in the other division of that with Penn St. OSU, MSU and Uof M
Wisconsin is in the killer division of Purdue, Minn, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, northwestern

Wexahu

Surprised Iowa State not in at #25 .Hopefully # 27 is the best they get for a while longer. The leeway the Coaches give some of these "Blue Blood" schools is ridiculous.

ISU has been beaten by two unranked teams at home. I get what you are saying but I’m pretty sure there are no ranked teams that fit that category.

TCUWIN

Wisconsin is in the other division of that with Penn St. OSU, MSU and Uof M
Wisconsin is in the killer division of Purdue, Minn, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, northwestern
Lol. That makes the reply by the announcer even better. Let's glorify a fictional division. I didn't even catch it. Thanks for pointing it out. Wisconsin and the big 10 is a joke and so is the cfp!

Wexahu

The big 10 will have several lurking toward the top so to guarantee a big 10 rep in the playoffs with Alabama. Those two spots are filled. Pac is out. Notre dame will get a spot if the win out...not that they deserve it... so the big 12 and Clemson will fight for the final playoff spot.

How do you know Notre Dame won’t deserve it if they win out? Aren’t you willing to at least let the games out first?

I don’t think they’ll win out but if they do, whether they deserve it or not depends on a lot of different things. They shouldn’t make it just because they are Notre Dame, but they shouldn’t not make it just because they are Notre Dame either.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

How do you know Notre Dame won’t deserve it if they win out? Aren’t you willing to at least let the games out first?

I don’t think they’ll win out but if they do, whether they deserve it or not depends on a lot of different things. They shouldn’t make it just because they are Notre Dame, but they shouldn’t not make it just because they are Notre Dame either.
Because they will likely get in over a 1 loss champion with a 13th data point if they win out - while they didn't play in a championship game

Thus they will get the ND effect similar to how they are ranked preseason every year even when they demonstrated no reason the previous year

Ron Swanson

ISU has been beaten by two unranked teams at home. I get what you are saying but I’m pretty sure there are no ranked teams that fit that category.
Do any unranked teams have wins as impressive as ISU? I’m not arguing, I honestly don’t know, I haven’t analyzed the polls.

Giving OU their only loss and beating Tech in the manner they did is pretty impressive. And both losses were close games.

Big Frog II

Beating Oklahoma in Norman with your back up QB is pretty good. The biggest question is why was he the backup QB. I saw the starter, and I was not impressed at all.

Wexahu

Because they will likely get in over a 1 loss champion with a 13th data point if they win out - while they didn't play in a championship game

Thus they will get the ND effect similar to how they are ranked preseason every year even when they demonstrated no reason the previous year

Well, we’ll see I guess.

It begs the question, why would a team with no conference affiliation get favored by a committee made up of biased Big 10/SEC affiliated members? Would Notre Dame split their CFP payout with the Big 10 and SEC?