• The KillerFrogs

Hammerin Hank Dead

Hemingway

Like the shaggy haired southern fellas coming down out of the stands to pat Hank on the back after 715 HR. To see those guys, their look, clothes, style, the fans in the stands, and the old uniform on the players, takes me back to a different time and place.

Fulton County stadium..... hot as hades and Chief Knockahoma and his tribe banging away. And Chief had a teepee in the stadium. It’s like another world.

and I think you could still smoke in stands , can’t remember when that stopped at games.

ShreveFrog

I will never forget sitting on the floor in front of the tv as a youngster and watching #715 fly off his bat. A thrill!

He was an amazing player and person. However, I wonder how many homers who would've had if the Braves had not brought in the fence in the late 60's as he was nearing Ruth and other greats. I don't mean to disparage The Hammer. But it happened.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Fulton County stadium..... hot as hades and Chief Knockahoma and his tribe banging away. And Chief had a teepee in the stadium. It’s like another world.

and I think you could still smoke in stands , can’t remember when that stopped at games.

My first and lasting smell at a stadium was cigar smoke at the White Sox - Dodger World Series ...
...in the LA Coliseum (talk about a short left field!).

I will never forget sitting on the floor in front of the tv as a youngster and watching #715 fly off his bat. A thrill!

He was an amazing player and person. However, I wonder how many homers who would've had if the Braves had not brought in the fence in the late 60's as he was nearing Ruth and other greats. I don't mean to disparage The Hammer. But it happened.

I wonder how many homers the Babe if he wasn't hitting from the ladies tees at the old Yankee Stadium.