• The KillerFrogs

Gunner/Feisty (and others)

neutral observer

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 5 2010, 09:23 AM) [snapback]540728[/snapback]
Every year, it seems that we as fans are surprised by one or more new traits that our football team didn't really have the year before.

When TB left, we were surprised (though I'm sure some will pound their chest and say they predicted it) that Chase Ortiz was such a monster. When Ortiz was gone, we were surprised by how good Jerry Hughes was.

When Ballard left, we didn't know if AD would be able to fill in those shoes, much less become TCU's yardage leader a few years down the road.

We were surprised by how well the wild frog worked two years ago, when BYU was its first victim. Last year, I was surprised somewhat by how well Tank Carder just stepped into the LB spot, and how well D-Wash played throughout the season.
What will surprise us this year as fans?

Look for Broughton, T. Brock, and Gardner to step up on D! Smith & James on O!

Houston Frog

QUOTE(FrogByBirth @ Apr 6 2010, 12:03 AM) [snapback]541084[/snapback]
Boyce has a 1,000 yard receiving year.

James and Wesley have 1,000 yard rushing years.

No surprise....

MNC -
TCU 31
Ohio St 13

I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that Ed Wesley will not have a 1,000 yard rushing year

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 6 2010, 08:55 AM) [snapback]541129[/snapback]
I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that Ed Wesley will not have a 1,000 yard rushing year

I 2nd this. There are far too many running backs to get the amount of carries he would need to break 1k. Barring we do not go to 80% run game and have two to three other backs out, I don't see this happening.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Forza Frogs @ Apr 6 2010, 07:42 AM) [snapback]541106[/snapback]
Rumor has it, Dean at least for now is back to RB.

I thought that was planned from the start so not sure if you should take too much from that.

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Apr 6 2010, 10:08 AM) [snapback]541209[/snapback]
I thought that was planned from the start so not sure if you should take too much from that.

Ahh I might of misread things previously, I thought his move to safety was somewhat permanent (even though it was under trial)

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Forza Frogs @ Apr 6 2010, 10:45 AM) [snapback]541239[/snapback]
Ahh I might of misread things previously, I thought his move to safety was somewhat permanent (even though it was under trial)

I am just saying they were going to run him as part of the plan for the spring, not saying he is or isn't staying, moving, etc.

SnoSki

QUOTE(joefrog91 @ Apr 6 2010, 05:21 PM) [snapback]541290[/snapback]
I think Boyce is going to be the surprise this year. He'll have a year like Hicks had last year.

That would be great. I don't remember hearing much about him when he signed.. what are his stats/specs? Anyone know if he put up a youtube highlight reel?

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 6 2010, 12:47 PM) [snapback]541311[/snapback]
That would be great. I don't remember hearing much about him when he signed.. what are his stats/specs? Anyone know if he put up a youtube highlight reel?

6-0/185/4.45

SnoSki

QUOTE(Frog_Fan71 @ Apr 6 2010, 05:55 PM) [snapback]541319[/snapback]
6-0/185/4.45

Much appreciated. Sounds like a good one. Wish I could make the PW game this weekend.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 6 2010, 01:07 PM) [snapback]541324[/snapback]
Much appreciated. Sounds like a good one. Wish I could make the PW game this weekend.

Jeremy, Jeremiah, and Stefan Stevenson have all been raving about Boyce after just about every practice in their reports.

If I remember correctly, ESPN/Scouts Inc had Boyce rated as the highest ranked recruit in our heralded 2009 class.

jake102

Hopefully he will have a better year this year than Hicks had last year.... we might win the Fiesta Bowl..... just saying.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Apr 6 2010, 02:42 PM) [snapback]541376[/snapback]
Hopefully he will have a better year this year than Hicks had last year.... we might win the Fiesta Bowl..... just saying.

Hicks had a great year.

Don't let one game change your impression of a guy

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Apr 6 2010, 02:42 PM) [snapback]541376[/snapback]

Really? Over critical much? You can't be serious that one "not so great" game erases a whole season worth of work. He made a couple of big plays that you could say are the reason we even were in that game to begin with.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Forza Frogs @ Apr 6 2010, 03:13 PM) [snapback]541397[/snapback]
He made a couple of big plays that you could say are the reason we even were in that game to begin with.

No kidding.

McFroggin

QUOTE(Gunner @ Apr 6 2010, 12:24 PM) [snapback]541328[/snapback]
Break outs in '10 are McCoy on defense and Boyce on offense.

I hope you are right on McCoy. Compared to last year, he really needs to work on sticking his man. He has great closing speed, but he got juked too often this past season.

Portland Frog

QUOTE(Forza Frogs @ Apr 6 2010, 08:13 PM) [snapback]541397[/snapback]
Really? Over critical much? You can't be serious that one "not so great" game erases a whole season worth of work. He made a couple of big plays that you could say are the reason we even were in that game to begin with.

How about the TD catch in the Clemson game for one. That was Hicks, right?

toad horny

QUOTE(Portland Frog @ Apr 6 2010, 09:50 PM) [snapback]541501[/snapback]
How about the TD catch in the Clemson game for one. That was Hicks, right?

Yep. Great catch in a monsoon. Since I was there and had so much fun, that win will probably always be in my Top 10 of Frog wins - no matter what.