• The KillerFrogs

Great Win!!! But...

JAB331

In-state rivalry games reflect more the passion of the players and not the leadership of the coaches. Winning against Kansas St, Iowa St, WVU, OU, Ok St, and Kansas is the coaches job. If we just win against UT, Baylor, and TTU then that's a serious red flag about our coaching staff.

JAB331

she’s a troll. Don’t respond.
Oops! Too late. But really, I know I've thought of making excuses about it being COVID19 and a "new" coaching staff. But even with that, this is how I think we can tell if we have awesome players who are just not getting the coaching they need to get to the next level.

Armadillo

Oops! Too late. But really, I know I've thought of making excuses about it being COVID19 and a "new" coaching staff. But even with that, this is how I think we can tell if we have awesome players who are just not getting the coaching they need to get to the next level.

Thank you for proving my point.

CountryFrog

Agreed. Our offense has been so terrible that you’d think we would continue to practice our 1st half O philosophy. It leads me to believe that it was more a fluke than a new philosophy.
It may have indeed been a fluke. Time will tell. But I personally don't buy the idea that just because the offense bogged down in the 2nd half that it nullifies the 1st half. Baylor is a pretty good defensive team and we all know that even at its best the TCU offense is probably only above average by P5 standards right now.

Just think how happy most people would probably be if all of the final numbers had been exactly the same but the production was flipped from 1st half to 2nd half. We rally figured some things out in that 2nd half guys. Got a lot of momentum going into next week.

We were never going to score 50 on those guys, or against anyone else except maybe Kansas. I personally see yesterday as a small step forward for the offense. I emphasize the word small of course because it in no way makes up for the dreadful previous 2 performances against less than stellar defenses. Baylor is probably the best defense we've played so far though so even if you're not thrilled with yesterday's performance then I don't think you can look at it negatively.

Spike

Agreed. Our offense has been so terrible that you’d think we would continue to practice our 1st half O philosophy. It leads me to believe that it was more a fluke than a new philosophy.

Added a few plays I've never noticed before and even on some of the longer passes the ball was out of the QB's hands quickly.

Would like to have seen more running plays in 4th quarter. Was a little concerned that we couldn't convert on 4th. I think we threw 6 passes in a row, most of which were incomplete in the 4th with a lead while the Baylor O was gaining momentum and I was like who is calling these plays?