• The KillerFrogs

Great espn article: 12 Stories Behind TCU’s 12-0 Season

SwissArmyFrog

Awesome article- not just because it's pro-Frogs, but it's actually very well researched and written. A rarity these days. My favorite bit:

"I brought him a Mercedes, and he said he didn't want anything that fancy," Ewing said. "I said, 'Dykes, lemme ask you a question. Are you undefeated?' He said yeah, and I said, "Well get your ass in there.' Now he looks like Jethro Bodine driving an S-Class."

Best paragraph in the story! I copied it to post here, but I thought, "Surely someone else who appreciates excellence will already have posted it..."

And I was right, LOL!

WhatTheFrog

Not sure but IIRC I think it was predicated on P5 conferences
I thought that at first as well, but Boise, Yale, and Penn were 4 of them.

Edit: nm, looks like they are talking about 1st year coaches. The article says in a single season, whereas first season would have been better.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

Newton's speech "We here now! Everybody step up!" and Graham's observations of the staff. "High level of teaching and accountability with elite discipline".
That pretty much sums it up for me.
Graham's quote was the sentence I copied and planned to paste; glad you beat me to it.
I like the quote from marketing guy Petrie on his crazy post game marketing tweets.

“It’s unexplainable to me. I don’t understand what’s going on. I just kind of got this job.”

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS. BUT IT’S PROVOCATIVE. IT GETS THE PEOPLE GOING!!!
Rewatching the post-Baylor video, I had to laugh at multiple occurrences of "forgs" in the vid, including "forgs wins." Unexplainable indeed.

dawg

Graham's quote was the sentence I copied and planned to paste; glad you beat me to it.

Rewatching the post-Baylor video, I had to laugh at multiple occurrences of "forgs" in the vid, including "forgs wins." Unexplainable indeed.

Video guy's excerpt:

Jon Petrie won't try to make any sense of his postgame videos celebrating a victory. He can't. TCU's coordinator of creative video, who just moved to Fort Worth this year from Maine, just started making weird stuff, and now he's trapped in a prison of his own creation.

"If someone wasn't on the internet and you tried to explain it to them, you'd sound like a crazy person," Petrie said, comparing the videos to college football's version of Jackson Pollock paintings. "Someone will ask me, 'Is it good this week?' I mean, I don't know. I don't think it's supposed to be good? Isn't that what makes it good? It's supposed to be bad."

Yeah, Jon. They're more than good. They're amazing. I have watched this one at least daily since Nov 17. "oh no, its. a. BEAR" Lulz every time.

NORMLFROG

I see a ModScold in your future: "Please do not subvert the profanity filters." lol.
Yeah, whatever. I got a FB warning the other day after I saw a pic of an old Frog teammate from last week's broadcast. I chimed in with a line from our shared wickedest villain of all time.. One Clubber Lang. When talking about Rocky he predicted " I will crucify him. Real bad". That's what I posted in response to Big Mac's pic and the FB police scolded me. I guess crucifixion humor isn't as cool as it was in the 80's.

Anyway, well done mods. You got me. Notch your shine box!

NF

kodiak

I am not sure of all the machinations tha took place prior to the hiring of Patterson. it seems apparent to me that the current athletic Director had a vision after Patterson was released. I have told many friends that we have been blessed with a coach that is very chill and also listening to the interviews of the players how complementary they are to the team. This is a magical time for the Horned Frogs. Hopefully, this is attractive to the recruits. Go Frogs, kick the kittens to the sideline.

Spike

Yeah, whatever. I got a FB warning the other day after I saw a pic of an old Frog teammate from last week's broadcast. I chimed in with a line from our shared wickedest villain of all time.. One Clubber Lang. When talking about Rocky he predicted " I will crucify him. Real bad". That's what I posted in response to Big Mac's pic and the FB police scolded me. I guess crucifixion humor isn't as cool as it was in the 80's.

NF
Everything was cooler in the 80s

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

NF
"Nail 'em up I say! Nail some sense into 'em!"

Hemingway

This kind of high fivin’ eachother just scares the hell out of me. You all are doing us a great disservice.

And therefore we’re screwed, thanks a lot.
Shark Tank GIF