• The KillerFrogs

Grant McCasland

LVH

Win or lose I think how North Texas has performed in his tenure and performed here against Purdue means we at least should give him a phone call.

North Texas up 7 in overtime, we may be able to add North Texas with Stephen F Austin as teams from Texas who have won NCAA tournament games this century, a list we are not on.

Moose Stuff

all this is a moot point as Jamie is not going anywhere.

Every day Jamie remains our coach is one day further away from ever being any good. I think my biggest disappointment with TCU is how hard we scratched and clawed and gave everything we had to get where we were only to slowly fade back into being happy with mediocrity. One day we're gonna look up and realize we're right back where we were 30 years ago and have no one to blame but ourselves.

LVH

I think if we hired Grant McCasland many would hate it since his teams play so slow, but you guys want a Tony Bennett or Chris Beard this is the best chance you will get

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Every day Jamie remains our coach is one day further away from ever being any good. I think my biggest disappointment with TCU is how hard we scratched and clawed and gave everything we had to get where we were only to slowly fade back into being happy with mediocrity. One day we're gonna look up and realize we're right back where we were 30 years ago and have no one to blame but ourselves.
We won a tournament game 30-ish years ago.

(how’s that for finding the positive spin in this tweet?)

tcumaniac

Man, you are sadly so right.

We made it to the Big 12 and have since gotten fat, happy, and complacent.

AroundWorldFrog

Is this a BB or FB thread?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
So surprised and disappointed in Dixon the last couple of years. The program is slipping back to the Dougherty-Christian depths. I refuse to believe TCU can't be a very good basketball school. We have had brief moments of it. Buster Brannon, Johnny Swaim, Killer, Tubbs. We have the facilities and we are throwing plenty of dollars at it. Just have to catch lightning in a bottle, find the next Scott Drew, Chris Beard.

cheese83

I think if we hired Grant McCasland many would hate it since his teams play so slow, but you guys want a Tony Bennett or Chris Beard this is the best chance you will get

He seems to be a good coach and produced a nice upset but let’s tap the brakes a bit. They still lost plenty of games this season and didn’t even win their conference season. Made a nice conference tourney run though to get in and they may just be getting hot at the right time.

LVH

He seems to be a good coach and produced a nice upset but let’s tap the brakes a bit. They still lost plenty of games this season and didn’t even win their conference season. Made a nice conference tourney run though to get in and they may just be getting hot at the right time.

They were CUSA Champs last season and were the favorites to win CUSA tourney last year before it got cancelled. This isn't a 1 year deal.

ATC Frog

I’ve said this before in another thread, but McCasland is a great coach. He coached at Midwestern State when I was a grad student there. I worked with the basketball team in 2009-10 when MSU made it all the way to the Elite 8 (Jason Ebie was on that team for those of you that might recognize that name). McCasland played a much faster pace in that era, so the slower pace now could just be a product of his current roster.

IMO, the only downside to McCasland is that he’s a Baylor alum.

Froglaw

It amazes me that members on this board seem to think we're still in the WAC.

TCU is in the Big 12 and we continue to play some very tough OOC games (ATM and Missouri this year).

University of North Texas might have won two of those Big 12 games. Maybe.

Dixon fought injuries and Covid during the last three years.

I'm still grateful he came to TCU.

Myles is a gem of a player and if he can get two other pieces of the puzzle for next year the Frogs should be solid.