• The KillerFrogs

GP to UNLV?

HFrog1999

I really like Coach Patterson. Selfishly I would like to see him take a job that doesn’t compete with TCU, so I could root for him.

However, I definitely don’t begrudge him for doing whatever he wants.

I will wish him terrible failure while he coaches for UT or any other school I don’t like.

puckster59

From the article Bruce Feldman "speculated" that GP was in the mix for UNLV, but I did not read or hear anything that indicated that there was interest from GP. What would the draw to Las Vegas be? UNLV joining the Pac? Big fish in small pond? Rejoin the MWC?

I have a hard time wrapping my head around GP to UNLV.
Yeah, I don’t see a match there either.

LVH

One of the Tarc’s former players was my bellman at the Mandalay Bay last September. We talked about the Hot tub incident and everything Tarc. I could dig up his name - had a great talk. He was on Scholly. He started 3 years there and said he still works with the players steering them away from making dumb decisions etc. I knew he was a player - he’s like 7 feet tall and still in shape. He was surprised I knew he was a player - hell, had to be. He’s making good coin on his day job- they seem to be giving him the good hours.
Bellmen at higher end hotels like Mandalay Bay do in fact make good money. 10 years ago I valeted at Planet Hollywood and made more money than my day job at the time. It was hard work in the Las Vegas heat but the money was good. There is a reason those jobs are so hard to get. I only got it because a valet manager I worked for in the summers at the Gaylord Texan while in college was there. You have to know someone.

LVH

Where do they commute from?
There is a reason locals call it University of Never Left Vegas

UNR is where in state kids go for the true college experience. Reno is a great place, I love going there. Too bad its being ruined by an influx of Bay Area transplants these days which is caused housing costs to skyrocket.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
One of the Tarc’s former players was my bellman at the Mandalay Bay last September. We talked about the Hot tub incident and everything Tarc. I could dig up his name - had a great talk. He was on Scholly. He started 3 years there and said he still works with the players steering them away from making dumb decisions etc. I knew he was a player - he’s like 7 feet tall and still in shape. He was surprised I knew he was a player - hell, had to be. He’s making good coin on his day job- they seem to be giving him the good hours.
Is bellman a high end career choice for UNLV grads?

Toad Jones

It's not the same Patterson household as it was three or four weeks ago. Some of the schools Gary would be attracted to have not developed. If you look at all schools with available positions, GP's name does not appear.

Look for Dion to land somewhere, for sure.

TCUdirtbag

If Tulane had opened, I actually think that would’ve been a good fit - he can claim some successes recruiting in LA and Houston (prime territory for Tulane).

Truth is, TCU’s success this year is not helping CGP’s marketability as a head coach. He needs to stick in Austin a couple years before he can reboot at a decent spot, IMO (ie maybe he gets a look if UH fires Holgo in a couple years).

Regardless, it’s extremely not-our-problem.

LVH

If Tulane had opened, I actually think that would’ve been a good fit - he can claim some successes recruiting in LA and Houston (prime territory for Tulane).

Truth is, TCU’s success this year is not helping CGP’s marketability as a head coach. He needs to stick in Austin a couple years before he can reboot at a decent spot, IMO (ie maybe he gets a look if UH fires Holgo in a couple years).

Regardless, it’s extremely not-our-problem.
I always thought UL-Lafayette or Louisiana Tech made a mistake not hiring him last year

Sangria Wine

No way GP would even consider coaching UNLV. I’d be surprised if he’s not back at the same gig next year in Austin. Seems like a perfect situation for a year or three.