• The KillerFrogs

GP to SMU

flyfishingfrog

Is it??? People criticized Dykes because his name didn’t get associated with any of these other current open jobs. When are Florida/LSU/USC interviewing Gary?
So now you have been over at Gary’s and know who has called?

I didn’t realize he needed to be getting mentioned by ESPN or the guys on the other site for immediate openings otherwise his career was over

I tell you what - since you definitely seem all knowing lately - I will make you a bet that GP gets mentioned for options as a P5 coach before Dykes ever sniffs 10 wins - and I will give you 5:1 just name the amount

Hell I will bet you straight up that he pulls a Mack Brown on TCU and gets a job at another school and has a higher single season win total at that school than Sonny ever has at TCU

Winners win in the end and mediocre is a way of life

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

I didn’t realize he needed to be getting mentioned by ESPN or the guys on the other site for immediate openings otherwise his career was over

I tell you what - since you definitely seem all knowing lately - I will make you a bet that GP gets mentioned for options as a P5 coach before Dykes ever sniffs 10 wins - and I will give you 5:1 just name the amount

Hell I will bet you straight up that he pulls a Mack Brown on TCU and gets a job at another school and has a higher single season win total at that school than Sonny ever has at TCU

Lately?

PO Frog

I don’t really care one way or another but if the bet is that GP head coaches another P5 team to a higher single season win total than Sonny Dykes ever does at TCU, I will take that bet and will really take that bet if you’re giving me 5 to 1. 5k?

flyfishingfrog

The worst is my oldest son resent me the link from the espn article when Cal fired Dykes….

We just hired a guy who got fired from his only P5 job for a result that is uncomfortably similar to GP the last few years, whose best year was 8-5 even though he had the #1 draft pick in the NFL at QB that year and who was ultimately fired for interviewing for the Baylor job- but even Baylor had more sense and hired Rhule over him….

flyfishingfrog

I don’t really care one way or another but if the bet is that GP head coaches another P5 team to a higher single season win total than Sonny Dykes ever does at TCU, I will take that bet and will really take that bet if you’re giving me 5 to 1. 5k?
I will bet you $5k that if GP gets another coaching job he wins more in a single season than Dykes ever does at TCU

I even have an escrow attorney what will set it up - PM me and I will make it happen

Wexahu

I will bet you $5k that if GP gets another coaching job he wins more in a single season than Dykes ever does at TCU

I even have an escrow attorney what will set it up - PM me and I will make it happen
Another job or another P5 job? What’s the sunset if GP doesn’t take a P5 job in the next few years?

flyfishingfrog

Another job or another P5 job? What’s the sunset if GP doesn’t take a P5 job in the next few years?
We will know in about 5 years max if GP is ever going to coach again

And I am happy to limit it to P5 if you all knowing all seeing guys don’t feel confident Dykes is better unless it’s P5

Funny enough since Dykes is a major loser at the P5 level but because of NIL/portal you think he will suddenly be a better coach- that you wouldn’t also think GP would be a loser at the G5 level regardless since those schools would be hurt more by a lack of portal management ability

Last edited:

Goo PM ONLY

Ooohhh
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Wexahu

We will know in about 5 years max if GP is ever going to coach again

And I am happy to limit it to P5 if you all knowing all seeing guys don’t feel confident Dykes is better unless it’s P5

Funny enough since Dykes is a major loser at the P5 level but because of NIL/portal you think he will suddenly be a better coach- that you wouldn’t also think GP would be a loser at the G5 level regardless since those schools would be hurt more by a lack of portal management ability
Actually, you are just as much the all-knowing all-seeing guy on this issue. I don't "know" anything, but I'm willing to support SD because I think he's a pretty good coach and I think he has a chance to do really well at TCU, despite his poor record at Cal.

I doubt GP gets another P5 job and if he does get one, it's not going to be at a place that has had much success. I mean, Mack Brown has done well at UNC I guess. if you call 21-16, 14-12 in a not great ACC with a couple of 3rd place division finishes "well". 8 wins in his best season. And UNC isn't THAT hard a place to win. Hell, Larry Fedora won 11 games there once.

Last edited:

PO Frog

I thought the first part of the bet was that GP actually gets a P5 coaching job. I don’t think he does but if he doesn’t, you lose on that score as well. Is that correct or did I misread your opinion?

Dogfrog

Actually, you are just as much the all-knowing all-seeing guy on this issue. I don't "know" anything, but I'm willing to support SD because I think he's a pretty coach and I think he has a chance to do really well at TCU, despite his poor record at Cal.

I doubt GP gets another P5 job and if he does get one, it's not going to be at a place that has had much success. I mean, Mack Brown has done well at UNC I guess. if you call 21-16, 14-12 in a not great ACC with a couple of 3rd place division finishes "well". 8 wins in his best season. And UNC isn't THAT hard a place to win. Hell, Larry Fedora won 11 games there once.
Hey now.