• The KillerFrogs

GP Frog Club Lunch today

YA

1. He was in a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good mood

2. Said very young team

3. 6-7 people already out

4. Both QB's will play and we are not going to ride one qb like in the past just because we made the choice early in the year--so expect to see different faces throughout the season if necessary

5. Some freshman came in hurt that we did not know about from the HS coach, the parents and certainly not the recruit--might have them sign something going forward that they are all clear and healthy--they do give physicals

6. He doesn't normally interact with punters/kickers--but this year he has--chewed one out and he has made the kicks since then--so he might do it before each game now LOL

7. Punter when he kicks it the right direction is going to be awesome--just have to kick it the right direction and his fingers are crossed that he does in a live game

8. UAPB has a very good qb who passed for 600 yards in first 2 games last year before he got hurt. RB is some sort of pre-season division All-American of some sort

9. Very happy with the stadium and he just beams with pride. Mentioned having a spring game next year regardless of the spies that might come

10. Talked about a kid who had some first half mistakes as a freshman on the road--at halftime he was on the phone with his mom--GP told him he was crazy and don't let the team see him doing that or he would be given a hard time by upperclassman--guy is still on team making plays

11. Talent show for new faces was fun--video editor on his guitar was the best--some got booed before even getting on stage

12. Said he gladly takes complaints from people but they better be right AND have given something to TCU to be taken seriously

13. If you are a betting type, he is against it BTW, he has a history of taking knees in games like this to not run up the score

14. Prepares for all schools like they are better in talent regardless of the opposing teams record, rank or division

15. Food from Reata was good and always the best of the year

Did I mention he was in a fantastic mood?

jake102

Don’t like the injuries but seems to be a lot better than last couple years at this point. Freshman with injuries is annoying but not as bad

Limp Lizard

The Freshman who called his mom should remind us...these are 18-23 YO males. They are big and strong and look like grown men, but they are only physically. Some doctors among us can remind us which part of the brain does not really develop until after age 20. Car insurance companies certainly know the difference. Glad I am not a college coach...not patient enough. Or would end up drinking too much.

LeagueCityFrog

Special season coming! Let's do this!

College Football Playoff games are in Atlanta and Phoenix this year. Our program needs to notch a win in the Fiesta Bowl so we can also check that one off the list of New Year's Six Bowls we have won, leaving only the Orange Bowl left on our punch card. Anywhere around Scottsdale in the winter would be my choice on where we play Clemson for the semifinal this New Year's season. ;)

Planks

7. Punter when he kicks it the right direction is going to be awesome--just have to kick it the right direction and his fingers are crossed that he does in a live game

I think we as fans need to start mentally preparing ourselves for a few face-palm type moments in the punting game this year. Some might come in critical moments.

Moose Stuff

The Freshman who called his mom should remind us...these are 18-23 YO males. They are big and strong and look like grown men, but they are only physically. Some doctors among us can remind us which part of the brain does not really develop until after age 20. Car insurance companies certainly know the difference. Glad I am not a college coach...not patient enough. Or would end up drinking too much.

One of the premier arms in MLB in recent years and maybe the LAST guy you’d ever think this would apply to had to have his mom sent by the team to live with him his first summer in pro ball so he wouldn’t quit and come home. No, I’m not telling you who it is.

Froggish

Been in a good mood a lot lately....I assume the injury stuff would include guys we already know about like Daniels, Ben, and Bunce etc....

texas_sicilian

Which players are out? Guys like Ian B?
Total guess, but he’s probably including those that are also just dinged up.
Collins (questionable foot)
Wilson (out for a bit)
Daniels (out for season)
Barkley (dinged up)
Onyemaobi (still out)
Wallace (still out)
Burnette (out for a while)
Bunce (out for season)

Last edited:

PhillyFrog

Talked about a kid who had some first half mistakes as a freshman on the road--at halftime he was on the phone with his mom--GP told him he was crazy and don't let the team see him doing that or he would be given a hard time by upperclassman--guy is still on team making plays.

Something makes me recall the first half at Arkansas and a certain freshman wide receiver.

texas_sicilian

Talked about a kid who had some first half mistakes as a freshman on the road--at halftime he was on the phone with his mom--GP told him he was crazy and don't let the team see him doing that or he would be given a hard time by upperclassman--guy is still on team making plays.

Something makes me recall the first half at Arkansas and a certain freshman wide receiver.
I wouldn’t speculate. Just not cool in my book.