• The KillerFrogs

Good job baylor/big 12!

smufrogger

As the the team in black was leaving the stadium this Saturday after getting the arse handed to them- a couple boys were there giving high fives- up till Kaz the strength coach appeared- then they chanted, "good job big 12"...kaz did a double take then walked off...
I cracked up as this unfolded- then bought the boys  dinner thereafter...

rifram09

Haha. That's a great way to bookend the TCU-Baylor rivalry of 2011-2016.

This part of the rivalry is dead now.

Sure, Baylor will still hate us, but they will be defenseless as we rattle off another 3-7 straight wins against them. By the time they beat us again all the bad blood from these last few years will be but a memory. We will look at them like SMU soon. Which makes sense, because if realignment happens in the next few years, they very well may be SMU's conference mate.

SwissArmyFrog

Should be from 2010-2016, but I understand them not wanting to count 2010.

I remember prior to the 2015 game some BFs would crow how they were 3 - 1 against us (2011 - 2014) and were 'dominant'. I explained that if you're going to count 2011, you need to count 2010, and that if TCU won the 2015 game we would be 3-3...hardly dominant.

Naturally, there were a few of them that...didn't see eye to eye with that!

rifram09

Ha. The idea that Baylor was ever dominant over us is silly.

The numbers don't support it. They scored narrow victories over us in 2011 in a rebuilding year and in 2013 in a down year. In 2014, they pulled off a miracle come from behind victory over a really good TCU team. That win was in no way "dominant," but it was a good win.

TCU beat the brakes off Baylor several times before, during, and now after that brief 4-year run of "dominance" Baylor thought they had.

Oh, and we began the Briles era with the all time series lead, and we ended the Briles era with the all time series lead.

Frog Brother

smufrogger said:
As the the team in black was leaving the stadium this Saturday after getting the arse handed to them- a couple boys were there giving high fives- up till Kaz the strength coach appeared- then they chanted, "good job big 12"...kaz did a double take then walked off...
I cracked up as this unfolded- then bought the boys  dinner thereafter...

I was sitting (standing?) near the  guys who executed the original "Good job Big 12" incident back in the old stadium.  We had season tickets near them. 

When I saw the strength and conditioning coach on the sidelines late in Saturday's game, "Good job Big-12" immediately came to mind.  Greatness!

dawg

Those idiots never "dominated" us.  Since 2010, TCU's average margin of victory is 27.5 (Baylor's is 2.67) and the Frogs are +102 in point differential.  In other words, darn Baylor.

TCU margin of victory:
2010 - 35
2012 - 28
2015 - 7
2016 - 40

Baylor margin of non-loss:
2011 - 2
2013 - 3
2014 - 3

HoustonHornedFrog

dawg said:
Those idiots never "dominated" us.  Since 2010, TCU's average margin of victory is 27.5 (Baylor's is 2.67) and the Frogs are +102 in point differential.  In other words, darn Baylor.

TCU margin of victory:
2010 - 35
2012- 28
2015 - 7
2016 - 40

Baylor margin of non-loss:
2011 - 2
2013 - 3
2014 - 3

froginaustin

Frog Brother said:

I was sitting (standing?) near the  guys who executed the original "Good job Big 12" incident back in the old stadium.  We had season tickets near them. 

When I saw the strength and conditioning coach on the sidelines late in Saturday's game, "Good job Big-12" immediately came to mind.  Greatness!

But didn't come to mouth?

JkJkJk

Personally, I would avoid provoking that roid-raging thug.  Particularly at Baylor's venue, with Waco PD around.

sicem

Haha. That's a great way to bookend the TCU-Baylor rivalry of 2011-2016.

This part of the rivalry is dead now.

Sure, Baylor will still hate us, but they will be defenseless as we rattle off another 3-7 straight wins against them. By the time they beat us again all the bad blood from these last few years will be but a memory. We will look at them like SMU soon. Which makes sense, because if realignment happens in the next few years, they very well may be SMU's conference mate.
DefiantAlarmingEagle-size_restricted.gif

sicem

Too soon to post a gif of Stan Lee. He just died yesterday.
Lol that's actually really good
Obviously a baylor fan here, looking forward to the game this weekend. As much of a disappointing season as it's been for y'all, it'll be fun seeing a game that's season-impacting for both teams.

Armadillo

Man I love that our rivalry actually grew with baylor as we were in different conferences. I feel that we’ve left smu behind and have made baylor our best rivalry. It’s not ut or ou or even tech. While I love beating those schools, baylor is our number one rival. And that’s good for us and them and the big12.

If we go 1-11 I hope our 1 win is against them. Just my opinion. Allow the hate to begin.

Oh, and I use that phrase all the time...GOOD JOB BIG 12....rarely does anyone pick up on it.

sicem

Man I love that our rivalry actually grew with baylor as we were in different conferences. I feel that we’ve left smu behind and have made baylor our best rivalry. It’s not ut or ou or even tech. While I love beating those schools, baylor is our number one rival. And that’s good for us and them and the big12.

If we go 1-11 I hope our 1 win is against them. Just my opinion. Allow the hate to begin.

Oh, and I use that phrase all the time...GOOD JOB BIG 12....rarely does anyone pick up on it.
Hate agreeing with a frog, but I totally agree! The hate is what makes cfb so fun.
It's a great matchup and I hope/expect that it will be alive and well for years.

Also shoutout to the admins for not banning me yet

It’s not ut or ou or even tech. While I love beating those schools, baylor is our number one rival. And that’s good for us and them and the big12.

This is good attitude to have based on history I learned recently. We have losing record against all the others you named but not Baylor.

I am looking forward to this contest very much. Many people tell me the Baptist’s are hippocrites, I may joke about the rapes and how they don’t care.

But only if their fans are rude first.

Latest posts