• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Women's Tennis Sweeps UTRGV

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2019/2/16/womens-tennis-horned-frogs-sweep-utrgv.aspx

GoFrogs: Women's Tennis Sweeps UTRGV

FORT WORTH, Texas – The TCU women's tennis team stayed undefeated on its home courts as the Horned Frogs were able to pick up a 4-0 sweep of UTRGV on Saturday afternoon at the indoor facility inside the Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center in Fort Worth.

Aleksa Cveticanin and Elizabeth Tedford got the Frogs (6-2) off to a quick start in doubles as the duo scored the 6-1 win on court three. TCU was trailing to the Vaqueros (1-4) on the final two courts, but Chloe Hule and Addy Guevara staged a comeback on court two to finish out the doubles point for the Frogs with a 7-5 victory.

Singles action was all TCU with Hule putting point two on the board as she cruised to the 6-2, 6-0 victory on court four. Kate Paulus followed with a 6-1, 6-1, victory of her own on court three before Mercedes Aristegui clinched the match on court two with a 6-1, 6-2 win.

Quotes from the Match
Head Coach Lee Taylor Walker
"I am very proud of the team coming together today to get the win. With three of our players out with injuries and another two playing through some pain, we needed to be prepared and professional with today and we were. I am proud of Elizabeth Tedford for making an appearance and doing well in her doubles. I am also grateful for her joining us at last minute notice and appreciate the team welcoming her back in. We will have some strong competition ahead of us now and I'm confident we are going to be healthy and at full capacity for Arizona State and Ohio State. These are two matches we have been looking forward to."

Match Results
UT Rio Grande Valley vs TCU
Feb 16, 2019 at Fort Worth, Texas
(Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center)
TCU 4, UT Rio Grande Valley 0

Singles competition
1. Aleksa Cveticanin (TCU) vs. Ibarra, Dominique (UTRGV) 6-0, 3-4, unfinished
2. Mercedes Aristegui (TCU) def. Walker, Michelle (UTRGV) 6-1, 6-2
3. Kate Paulus (TCU) def. Darzyan, Marine (UTRGV) 6-1, 6-1
4. Chloe Hule (TCU) def. Aleksovska, Doris (UTRGV) 6-2, 6-0
5. Addy Guevara (TCU) vs. Waduge, Nethmi (UTRGV) 7-6 (7-1), unfinished
6. Elizabeth Tedford (TCU) vs. Putz, Sandra (UTRGV) unfinished

Doubles competition
1. Kate Paulus/Mercedes Aristegui (TCU) vs. Darzyan, Marine/Ibarra, Dominique (UTRGV) 6-5, unfinished
2. Chloe Hule/Addy Guevara (TCU) def. Aleksovska, Doris/Walker, Michelle (UTRGV) 7-5
3. Aleksa Cveticanin/Elizabeth Tedford (TCU) def. Putz, Sandra/Sasaroga, Katarina (UTRGV) 6-1

Match Notes:
UT Rio Grande Valley 1-4
TCU 6-2
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (4,3,2)
T-2:06 A-75

Up Next
TCU will spend the rest of the month on the road as the team travels to Tempe, Ariz., to take on Arizona State and Ohio State on Feb. 22 and Feb. 24, respectively.