• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Women's Hoops Adds Morris to Roster

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/7/30/womens-basketball-womens-hoops-adds-morris-to-roster.aspx

GoFrogs: Women's Hoops Adds Morris to Roster

FORT WORTH – The TCU women's basketball team has added transfer Patricia Morris to the upcoming 2020-21 roster, TCU head coach Raegan Pebley announced today. Morris, a 6-7 forward, transfers to the Horned Frogs following a two-year stint at Oregon State.

"We are so excited to welcome Patricia to TCU! Her leadership traits, energy, dedication to being a great teammate, love of the game, commitment to academics and growth potential are all reasons why we believe she will find success here."

Morris played in 46 games for the Beavers, where she notched career averages of 2.0 points and 1.4 rebounds per game. She shot better than 64 percent from the field and was a 73 percent shooter from the free throw line.

This past season, Morris scored 2.3 points per game, which included a season-high 13 points in a Pac-12 Conference game against Cal. She was a perfect 6-for-6 from the field and 1-of-1 from the free throw line in OSU's 81-44 rout over the Bears.

"I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life at TCU," Moris said. "Coach Pebley, her staff and my new teammates have welcomed me with open arms. I am ready to develop and play under such a great staff and teammates."

Prior to her time in Corvallis, Ore., Morris was a four-star recruit out of Duarte High School, where she was a two-time California all-state honoree. She helped lead her team to four-straight Montview League titles and earned conference MVP honors during her prep career.

JogginFrog

This past season Oregon State was starting two freshman bigs ahead of her, each averaging 7+ boards a game, so a transfer made sense for Morris. She was averaging 6.8 minutes per game...so her scoring and rebound totals project to roughly 9 ppg and 6 rpg if she averaged 28 minutes of floor time. Oregon State was 23-9 last year, 10-8 in conference. Their leading rebounder? 5-10 point guard--9.3 rpg. Lots of long bounces off the iron, I guess.