• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: W. Golfer Martin Earns All-Big 12 Recognition

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/w-golf/spec-rel/042817aaa.html

GoFrogs: W. Golfer Martin Earns All-Big 12 Recognition

IRVING, Texas -- TCU women’s golfer Emmy Martin has been selected to the All-Big 12 Team.

Martin’s team-best 72.8 stroke average is on pace to break the TCU season record. She has seven consecutive top-13 finishes, including three in the top 10, as part of eight top-20 results on the year.

A junior from Odessa, Fla., Martin has shot par or better in 10 of her last 18 rounds. Her 13 rounds this season of par or better are one shy of a TCU mark. She has a team-best 75 birdies on the year.

“I am so, so proud of Emmy,” TCU women’s golf coach Angie Ravaioli-Larkin said. “The honor is a direct result of her hard work, perseverance, grit and determination to be the best athlete she can be!

“In all my years of coaching, I have never seen such a vast improvement in a player. The best is still yet to come for Emmy with the way she works and how much she is growing mentally, technically and physically.”

Martin is ranked sixth in the Big 12 by Golfstat with a 42-5 conference record determined by a round robin, head-to-head computer comparison of all players.

Martin’s best finish was a tie for second at the Greenville Regional Preview, when TCU won the team championship by 18 strokes. Her low round was a career-best 67 in the final round of the Maryb S. Kauth Invitational, when she tied for sixth with a career low 6-under 210.

The only Horned Frog to play in all 10 tournaments this season, she has been TCU’s top finisher in six events. Her stroke average has dropped more than four shots (77.0) from a year ago.

Martin is the second Horned Frog in the last four seasons to earn All-Big 12 recognition, joining Sanna Nuutinen from 2014.

Martin has been instrumental in TCU’s five top-5 finishes this season and eight top-10 results. The Horned Frogs will make their 21st NCAA Regional appearance in 22 seasons when they begin play May 8 in Lubbock.

spacer.gif