• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Volleyball Ranked No. 16 in AVCA Preseason Poll

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/2/12/...-tcu-ranked-no-16-in-avca-preseason-poll.aspx

GoFrogs: TCU Ranked No. 16 in AVCA Preseason Poll

FORT WORTH -- The TCU beach volleyball team has been ranked16th in the AVCA Collegiate Beach Volleyball Preseason Coaches' Poll.

The Horned Frogs are ranked in the preseason for the 3rd time under head coach Hector Gutierrez. In four seasons under Gutierrez, TCU has posted three 18-win seasons and two top-25 finishes.

"I think it's pretty cool that we're in the Top 20 for another preseason," head coach Héctor Gutierrez said. "That shows that other coaches are respecting our work. It's a true testament that every year we're getting better. Now it's time to keep working and keep improving. I'm really excited about what this season will have in store for us. I'm grateful to have a group of student athletes and coaching staff that continue to work hard and build this program together."

TCU moved up two spots from last year's final AVCA rankings after finishing the season 18-16. The Horned Frogs return 10 players from last year's squad that reached the CCSA Beach Championship Quarterfinals.

The team has also earned rankings in two other beach volleyball outlets. CollegeBeachVolleyball.com ranked the Horned Frogs at No. 15 while DiG Magazine placed TCU in the No. 17 spot.

The Horned Frogs open the 2020 campaign Feb. 22 with a 9:15 a.m. away match versus Stetson, followed by matches against Florida State, South Carolina, and Louisiana Monroe.

For more information on TCU beach volleyball, visit gofrogs.com and follow the team on social media: @TCUBeachVB on twitter, Instagram and Facebook.