• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Track's Longmire, Mokaleng Win Events in Arizona

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2019/4/7/mens-outdoor-track-longmire-mokaleng-win-events-in-arizona.aspx

Longmire, Mokaleng Win Events in Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. – TCU track and field competed at the Jim Click Shootout hosted by the University of Arizona on Saturday, where a pair of Horned Frogs took home event wins and several others recorded season and personal-bests.

LONG JUMP
In the women's long jump, Destiny Longmire matched her lifetime best jump at 6.39m (20-11.75) and took home the win. Chyna Ries jumped 6.05m (19-10.25), her best outdoor jump since coming to TCU, and finished fifth.

400 METERS
Running his first outdoor 400m of 2019, Derrick Mokaleng finished with a first-place time of 45.70. Entering the weekend, only one time in the nation was faster than Mokaleng's. Darrion Flowers and Jostyn Andrews placed fourth and sixth in the meet with times of 46.81 and 46.97. Flowers and Mokaleng both ran in the 200m as well, finishing third and fourth respectively in 20.88 and 20.89.

In the women's 400m, Lily Beckford ran her first outdoor 400m of the season as well and finished with a fourth-place time of 53.59. Freshman Kiana Banks followed in fifth with a time of 54.14.

WOMEN'S 4x100 RELAY
TCU's 4x100 group of Hope Glenn, Longmire, Jenea Spinks, and Teleda Williams continued to improve its season mark, finishing second with a season-best 44.59. Saturday's time is TCU's fastest in the 4x100 relay since the 2017 NCAA West Prelims (44.34).

100 METERS
Glenn, Longmire, and Spinks all had strong showings in the women's 100m as well. One-thousandth of a second separated Glenn and Longmire, as the two finished third and fourth respectively with times of 11.565 and 11.566 respectively. Both were personal-bests. Spinks followed in seventh at 11.67.

TCU had a pair of top five finishes in the men's 100m. TInotenda Matiyenga ran a personal-best 10.32 to finish third and Tarrick Brock finished fifth with a time of 10.39.

WOMEN'S 3000 METERS
A pair of Horned Frogs led the pack in the women's 3000 meters. Sophomore Evelyn Mandel took home the win at 10:02.39 and senior Kirsten Johnston finished second in 10:09.39.

POLE VAULT
Kendahl Shue finished third in the women's pole vault, reaching 3.85m (12-7.5). Adam McAdoo reached 4.86m (15-11.25) in the men's pole vault and finished fourth.

THROWS
In the men's hammer throw, Fellan McGuigan improved his season-mark to 63.63m (208-9) and finished fifth. Brooklin Klopf threw a season-best 14.35 (47-1) in the women's shot put and finished sixth

COACH'S THOUGHTS
"I thought we had a good day today," head track and field coach Darryl Anderson said. "The weather was beautiful. The facility and hospitality were good. They always do a great job here. I have to take my hat off to Jim Click for the support he gives to the university track and field team. Coach Harvey and his staff did a wonderful job putting this meet on.

"For us, I thought we had some pretty good performances. Our quarter-milers got started today, with Lily running 53, Kiana running 54, Derrick running 45.70 in his first quarter of the outdoor season and Darrion running his first ever collegiate quarter outdoors. Then both of those guys doubled back and ran well in the 200. Also, I can't forget the women's 4x1 running 44.59 and getting a regional mark. All three of the 100m girls ran competitively. Slowly and surely, we're getting better as we round into April. I feel good about where we are. Destiny jumping a personal-best in the long jump and one of the top marks in the country, she's been our leader on the women's side all year. It was good to have Chyna back out there. Even though she had some fouls, they were long fouls so we feel good about her. All in all, we got some things done today and now we move on to Texas A&M next weekend."

UP NEXT
The Horned Frogs return to action next weekend in College Station at the Texas A&M Invitational. The two-day meet is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, April 12-13.