• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Texas State at TCU Baseball Preview

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU Horned Frogs (30-21, 11-10 Big 12) vs. Texas State (33-19, 15-12 Sun Belt)

GAME DAY INFORMATION

Field: Lupton Stadium
TV: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Audio: KTCU 88.7 FM
Live Stats: GoFrogs.com
Live Video: WatchESPN.com
Twitter: @TCU_Baseball Instagram: @tcubaseball
Facebook: www.facebook.com/TCUBaseball

TCU HORNED FROGS
Record: 27-21
Home Record: 17-11
Big 12: 8-10
Head Coach: Kirk Saarloos

TEXAS STATE BOBCATS
Record: 33-19
Road Record: 10-13
Sun Belt: 15-12
Head Coach: Steven Trout

GAME INFORMATION
Tuesday • May 16 • 6 p.m.
TBA vs. Peyton Zabel

TCU NOTABLES
• TCU is 8-3 on its current 12-game home stand after sweeping Baylor over the weekend.
• The Horned Frogs are in the midst of a five game winning streak and are 6-1 in the month of May.
• TCU’s RPI fell to 52 despite sweeping Baylor.
• Against Baylor, TCU allowed just six total runs (five earned) and runs in only six of 27 innings pitched.
• TCU has allowed runs in just nine of the last 54 innings pitched.
• TCU ranks fifth in the Big 12 with a .286 average, thirdwith a 5.00 ERA and fourth with a .973 fielding percentage.
• TCU ran its season total to 110 stolen bases, which is second in the Big 12 and 12th nationally. It’s the fifth most stolen bases in program history.
• TCU reached the 100 stolen base plateau for the third straight season and the ninth time in program history.
• Kole Klecker’s eight wins this season leads the Big 12 and ranks tied for 17th nationally.
• Brayden Taylor homered twice against Baylor and now sits second all-time in program history with 42. His 17 home runs are second in the league.
• Garrett Wright picked up his third save of the season in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Baylor

HOME NOTABLES
• TCU will play 32 home games during the 2022 season.
• TCU is 467-163 all-time at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU is 231-82 at home with Kirk Saarloos on staff.
• TCU has won 62-of-77 home series under Saarloos.
• TCU owns a 103-37 mark in midweek games at home.
• TCU has won 20 or more games in 15 of the 20 seasons Lupton Stadium has been in existence.
• TCU ranks 16th nationally in average attendance (3,983).

TEXAS STATE NOTABLES
• Texas State was swept in a weekend series at Louisiana over the weekend.
• Prior to the weekend, Texas State had won five straight. The Bobcats are 6-4 in their last 10 games.
• Texas State is 10-3 in midweek games this season.
• The Bobcats are hitting .271 on the season, pitching to the tune of a 5.61 ERA and own a .960 fielding percentage.
• Texas State has three hitters with 10 or more home runs, two others are one away from double digits with nine.
• Davis Powell paces the squad with a .350 average, while Chase Mora leads the team with 15 home runs.
• Jose Gonzalez’s 52 RBIs and 11 stolen bases are tops on the team.
• On the mound, Triston Dixon leads the team with 25 appearances out of the bullpen.
• Dixon owns five of the squads 13 saves on the year.

SERIES NOTABLES
• TCU and Texas State will be meeting for the 43rd time on Tuesday night.
• TCU owns a 26-16 series record, including a 5-4 mark at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU and Texas State met earlier this season in San Marcos with the Bobcats coming away with an 8-4 victory.
• Prior to the two meetings in 2021, the teams had not met since March 20, 2012 when Texas State won 8-4 at Bobcat Stadium.
• Texas State’s last trip to Lupton Stadium came in 2012 when the Bobcats won 1-0.
• Texas State head coach Steven Trout played at TCU from 2006-07.

Read more at https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/...rogs.com/documents/2023/5/15/Texas_State2.pdf

ReedFrawg

Tonight starts the make or break week. Must win tonight and take 2 of 3 from the 'Cats.
Otherwise, it's a tournament championship or sit at home. C'mon boys, put it ALL together
for the next 4. I'm begging here.

I asked before the Baylor series if we swept them, beat TX State and took 2 of 3 at ksu. Was told we had no chance at postseason either way…

LisaLT

I asked before the Baylor series if we swept them, beat TX State and took 2 of 3 at ksu. Was told we had no chance at postseason either way…
I’m not sure about that. Finishing strong might make a difference if we are a “bubble team”.

Let’s hope they play well this weekend.

5-0 when I turn my phone off during the game.

this sucks but who am I to mess with what works?
Oh My GIF by WGN Morning News