• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Names Garrison Head Women's Triathlon Coach

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
GoFrogs: TCU Names Garrison Head Women's Triathlon Coach

FORT WORTH --
TCU Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Jeremiah Donati has announced the hiring of Jenny Garrison as the first head coach of the Horned Frogs' women's triathlon program.

TCU's inaugural season for women's triathlon is Fall 2023 with triathletes arriving on campus in 2022. The addition of women's triathlon gives TCU 22 sports, the most in the Big 12 Conference.

Garrison comes to TCU from North Central College in Naperville, Ill., where she began the women's triathlon program and won three national championships. She also served as North Central's head women's swimming and diving coach the last two seasons.

"We are proud to welcome Jenny to TCU and in an exciting leadership role of helping us start a women's triathlon program," Donati said. "When we added women's triathlon, we believed we could quickly becompetitive on the national level. Having already built a program and with immediate results, Jenny is the right person and fit to help us achieve our goal. She is a national championship coach and well known through USA Triathlon. Her enthusiasm and passion for the sport will make an impact in recruiting."

Garrison, an elite triathlete, led North Central to three consecutive Division III National Championships (2017-19) and five appearances overall at the USA Triathlon National Collegiate Championships. The Cardinals were third in 2021. Garrison and North Central also produced the last four Division III Individual National Champions, most recently Hailey Poe in 2021.

"I am so excited to join the TCU family," Garrison said. "As the first head coach of the women's triathlon program, my goal is to bring an amazing team culture that cultivates success. I'm looking forward to not only developing champions but to instill skills that will propel these young women to be successful leaders in life. I also look forward to carrying on a winning legacy here at TCU. Triathlon in Fort Worth will make history!"

Garrison was the 2019 USAT Division III Coach of the Year. She has coached eight Collegiate Triathlon Coaches Association All-Americans and 11 All-Region honorees, including 2021 NCAA Woman of the Year finalist and NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship recipient Naomi Hill.

A 2001 graduate of Benedictine University, Garrison is a former professional triathlete with more than 15 years of competitive experience. She represented Team USA in World Championship competition in Australia, France, Switzerland and Canada. She won overall amateur female honors at the 2006 USAT National Championships and placed third at the 2014 USAT Championships. She is also a two-time finisher at the Hawaii Ironman Triathlon.

Virginia Frog

Just guessing that Women's Triathlon is not going to be a revenue producer.
....but with WTri there will be some "bad ass" ladies on campus!!! ( I don't know the "hotness" factor in this sport, but I suppose it'll be high!)

More detail on Coach Jenny (and photo):

Last edited: