• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU hosts Oral Roberts tonight

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DEC. 2 | SCHOLLMAIER ARENA (6,800) | FORT WORTH, TEXAS | 7 PM
TCU Horned Frogs (5-1)
HC: Jamie Dixon (TCU ‘87) n At TCU: 101-72 (6th) n Career: 429-195 (19th)
vs. ORAL ROBERTS Golden Eagles (4-3)
HC: Paul Mills (Texas A&M, ‘96) n At School: 61-70 (5th) n Career: Same

GAME INFO
Broadcast: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge Analyst: Colin Boddicker
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App.
Radio: KLIF 570 AM | XM/Online: 380/970
Play-By-Play: Jeff Williams Analyst: John Denton
Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: TCU leads 3-1
In Fort Worth: 2-1
In Tulsa: 1-0
Neutral: 0-0
First Meeting:
TCU won 76-73 (1/6/94) in Fort Worth
Last Meeting:
TCU won 79-62 (11/11/18) in Fort Worth
Winning Streak: TCU, W3
Dixon vs. ORU: 2-0

GAME NOTES
• TCU will host Oral Roberts on Thursday at 7 p.m. The game will be shown on Big 12 Now on ESPN+
• Preseason All-Big 12 guard Mike Miles leads a group of four scholarship returners from last season for TCU.
• Miles has scored in double figures in every game this season and ranks third in the Big 12 in scoring at 16.0 points per game. His 4.3 assists per game rank third.
• Emanuel Miller leads a class of eight newcomers. His 8.0 rebounds per game leads the Big 12 as does his 3.5 offensive rebounds per game, which also ranks 14th nationally.
• Eddie Lampkin Jr. is coming off career-highs in points (12), rebounds (12), field goals (4), free throws (4) and minutes (22) in TCU’s
win over Austin Peay on Monday.
• TCU is coming off its third game of 50 or more rebounds.
• TCU has had fewer than 10 turnovers in its last two games.
• TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and fourth nationally with 16.3 offensive rebounds per game.
• TCU has outrebounded its opponents by 11.7 rebounds per game, which ranks second in the Big 12 and 11th nationally.
• Jamie Dixon began the season ranked 19th in active winning percentage (.686). Dixon recorded his 100th win as TCU’s head coach on Nov. 24 against Pepperdine.
• Under Dixon (since 2016-17), TCU has gone 31-3 in November and 55-10 in November and December combined.
• Under Dixon, TCU is 64-11 against nonconference teams.

LAST TIME OUT
• Eddie Lampkin’s 12 points and 12 rebounds and another big rebounding effort from the Horned Frogs led TCU to a 68-51 win over Austin Peay on Monday. TCU outrebounded Austin Peay, 51-30. All 11 TCU players who played, recorded at least two rebounds and 10 of them scored at least three points.

ABOUT THE OPPONENT
• Oral Roberts is 4-3 this season and is coming off an 87-80 win over Tulsa on Monday.
• The Golden Eagles fell to Oklahoma State, 78-77, in overtime on Nov. 26.
• ORU is led by junior guard Max Abmas, who led the NCAA in scoring last season with 24.5 points per game and earned multiple All-America honors. Abmas is having a standout year again as he ranks ninth nationally in scoring at 22.3 points per game and was the Summit League Preseason Player of the Year.
• The Golden Eagles were picked to finish third in the Summit League Preseason Poll. Last season they won the Summit League Championship and advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 after defeating Ohio State and Florida in consecutive rounds.

SERIES HISTORY
• TCU leads the series 3-1 and has won the last three.
• The last meeting came on Nov. 11, 2018 and resulted in a 79-62 TCU win.
• Oral Roberts is the second team called Golden Eagles that TCU will play this season. TCU defeated Southern Miss 83-51 on Nov. 15.

UP NEXT
• TCU will face Utah on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Simmons Bank Showdown, held at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth. The game will be
shown on Big 12 Now on ESPN+

See the full release at https://gofrogs.com/documents/2021/12/1/7_vs_Oral_Roberts.pdf

Frogs are a 8.5 favorite. Lots of scouts will be there to see Abbas for Oral Roberts and Miles. It will be interesting to see who we put on him to try to slow his production. Maybe Baugh?

Things I’m looking for:

Can Eddie sustain the kind of effort he gave us against Austin Peay? We need him offensive boards, put backs, and bringing the energy.

Can Miles break his 3 point slump. Miles has been effective driving, but we need him to be an outside threat to keep defenses honest.

More dishes to Miller driving the lane after feeds to the low post please.

I’m calling for Baugh to have a breakout game tonight, he is due.

Frogs are a 8.5 favorite. Lots of scouts will be there to see Abbas for Oral Roberts and Miles. It will be interesting to see who we put on him to try to slow his production. Maybe Baugh?

Things I’m looking for:

Can Eddie sustain the kind of effort he gave us against Austin Peay? We need him offensive boards, put backs, and bringing the energy.

Can Miles break his 3 point slump. Miles has been effective driving, but we need him to be an outside threat to keep defenses honest.

In addition to the individual performances, I'd like to see which lineups are gelling the best. Getting to the point that we are going to start figuring out the rotation.

Rose Bowl

Should be an entertaining game. ORU likes to play quick and shoot 3 pointres. They shot 41 threes against Tulsa and made 19 but they play very little defense. We should control the boards and get plenty of second chances. Need to play under control and run them off the 3 point line.

helcap

Should be an entertaining game. ORU likes to play quick and shoot 3 pointres. They shot 41 threes against Tulsa and made 19 but they play very little defense. We should control the boards and get plenty of second chances. Need to play under control and run them off the 3 point line.
Yeah, Abmas shot 43% of threes last season, and 44% so far this year. Can't give guys like that open looks.

LVH

The problem is a lot of the supporting cast like Kevin Obanor transferred out so Abmas doesn't have other players to take the heat off of him

Rose Bowl

Watching ORU warm up it looks like they have about 7-8 guys that can shoot it. Over play the 3 point line and make them shoot two’s.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse

Things I’m looking for:

Prescient

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Does anyone know if those were B12 refs? I didn't like a few calls, but the manner in which they called the game greatly benefited us I think. Allowed a few of what I thought were over-the-backs, and they had a pretty liberal definition of a "block". If this were a ticky tack crew, I wonder of things are different tonight.