• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Baseball at Phillips 66 Big 12 Championships Preview

Maybe eliminate the double elimination in the semifinal round. Oklahoma State would then have already advanced today to the final tomorrow. Texas had the upper hand with their pitching staff today, having yesterday off, but didn’t get it done. Oklahoma State is 3-1 and would already be at a disadvantage versus 3-0 Oklahoma in the final. I don’t think anyone wants to play 6 games in 5 days anyhoo, including that daunting doubleheader on Saturday, so everybody might be more motivated if knowing they only have to play 5 games max.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Okie Lite with an early 1-0 lead over Horns. Perhaps the ugliest visual this season with Horns in their orange tops and OSU in their orange tops. But as bad as the visual is the audio is worse.

Last edited:

Endless Purple

Since the Frogs ended up in the losers bracket, I am kinda glad to not see them trying to win two games today. This is OSU's fifth and sixth game of the weekend with potentially a seventh on Sunday. I would much rather see the Frogs have a chance to rest the pitching staff and try to make a plan to win in a regional, host or not. I don't expect them to win a regional, but at least they will not be completely dead when it starts next weekend.

Big 12 needs to go to a single elimination tournament and keep the teams ready for regionals.

Edit: Plus, WVU may have more change as an at-large with only a loss to OU instead of adding the second one to KSU.

Pharm Frog

But Faltine clears the bases with a double. 6-1 Horns. What an asset to have that in the 9-hole compared to what we run out there.

Now 7-1. First time UT has scored more than 5 runs in this tourney. But the Frogs never got more than 4 so there’s that.

Pharm Frog

UT having flashbacks as they have this 7-1 lead and manage to walk the bases loaded…but this time they get a two-out rollover to strand all. Okie Lite leaves 8 on base through 4. 7-1 headed to 5th

Pharm Frog

9-1 now. Okie Lite brings in a lefty from the pen. Triple, single, HBP….all with two outs. Pokes gonna need one of those 10 run innings

Pharm Frog

To the 9th with Horns up 9-2….shaping up to be a Red River Shootout at 5p tomorrow. If OSU does lose this game they will probably stay at #10 RPI at least for awhile. Don’t see them falling below #11 under remaining scenarios.

Pharm Frog

2-1 OU after 2nd base ump calls a balk with runners on 1st and 3rd. Feels familiar. I think that’s 6 balk calls in this tournament. Not sure any single team had six balks all season. They only showed the replay once but it sure looked like the kid stepped off the back before slinging it to first. That said…far and away more of a deceptive move than what happened in UT v TCU.