• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Baseball at Phillips 66 Big 12 Championships Preview

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I watched some of the last game. I have never seen a game broadcast from the place, and I was sickened and horrified by the advertising placement. Is it getting so bad that players are literally fenced by advertising? Bracketed on all sides?

I hate advertising.

Pharm Frog

I watched some of the last game. I have never seen a game broadcast from the place, and I was sickened and horrified by the advertising placement. Is it getting so bad that players are literally fenced by advertising? Bracketed on all sides?

I hate advertising.
My father and I talked about the same thing yesterday. Not horrified but irritated.

PurplFrawg

Administrator

I hate advertising.
Bravo! At least on the broadcast media there are mute buttons.

hometown frog

‘Spraying it like graffiti in a truck stop shower stall’ is now the worst one I’ve heard these two days. It beats the ‘cleaner than the rock station lyrics in a Christian bathhouse’ one from yesterday.

Pharm Frog

Well the only thing worse for TCU and UT would have been for OSU to have not thrown the ace. Next level ineptitude from BU this morning

Brog

I hate advertising.
I felt exactly the same. BUT, when I shared the same feeling about excess advertising to one of the "officials" there, they said, "Well, Brog, where do you think the money is coming from to put this show on?" I mentioned that I had paid a good bit for a ticket to get in, and he laughed and said ticket income wouldn't nearly pay for the event.

Pharm Frog

I felt exactly the same. BUT, when I shared the same feeling about excess advertising to one of the "officials" there, they said, "Well, Brog, where do you think the money is coming from to put this show on?" I mentioned that I had paid a good bit for a ticket to get in, and he laughed and said ticket income wouldn't nearly pay for the event.
Maybe so and yet I’ve determined to never use Germania insurance, buy anything from Academy, and rent vehicles from any agency not named National. Figuring I’d be contributing to the problem. If I knew what a Globe Life was I’d probably watch from home with TV on mute. Some advertising is okay but this level is visual assault

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Maybe so and yet I’ve determined to never use Germania insurance, buy anything from Academy, and rent vehicles from any agency not named National. Figuring I’d be contributing to the problem. If I knew what a Globe Life was I’d probably watch from home with TV on mute. Some advertising is okay but this level is visual assault
And let's not forget Progressive insurance. Every one of their ads is an absolute beating.

FrogAbroad

The "official" is essentially correct. "Butts-in-the-seats" generate income, of course, but not nearly enough to cover the costs of producing an event. And it's very unlikely that economic truth will change in humankind's lifetime.