• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Baseball at Florida State Preview

froglash88

Fight Punch GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong
The Frog Fountain reference has been a joke on here for years.

Pharm Frog

I’m talking about tonight only. Mr. Know it all. Meet me at Frog Fountain.
Oh....I thought you were the one who posted...Lost the series because of hitting batters with 2 strikes, walks and throwing pitches over the middle of the plate with 0-2 and 1-2 counts. My mistake.

Pharm Frog

7 and 7 in this brutal stretch. Was thinking .500 would be a very good outcome and surprising to an extent the way we entered it on the heels of losses to ACU and UTSA and a series loss to WVU. Win tomorrow and come out 8-7. Wouldn't be too bad a result. Could have been better and could have been worse.

Pharm Frog

20-30 sounds about correct. Will we play more than 2 post season games? That’s the big question.
I'm thinking about the same as last year because I think this team is about the same as last year. I see no significant difference and wouldn't bet on getting to that third game if we have to face at least modestly solid left-handed pitching. Meanwhile, the Frogs have scored 7 runs just once in the last 6 games and thank goodness we did get those insurance runs against OSU because we needed every one of them.

To underscore that point about lefties...this weekend so far the Frogs are batting .081 against lefties. 3 for 37. Will have a chance to improve on that tomorrow as there's not much room to do worse.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

And...Ag has just cracked the Top 10 in RPI. How about that??? Highest RPI Big 12 team is UT at #17. Conference could fall to 4th best in RPI by midweek.

DBU down in G2 of their series against Illinois State 4-1 in the 6th. They lose that and they lose the series to a sub-500 club after having been beat 4-3 yesterday. Baseball remains weird.

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

So apparently, Penn State pulled out of its commitment to play TCU this weekend.

Guess playing Omaha sounded like a better chance for wins.