• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Sweet Victory! Bright’s Hat Trick Leads TCU Past Princeton

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

GoFrogs: Sweet Victory! Bright’s Hat Trick Leads TCU Past Princeton

PISCATAWAY, N.J. –
Messiah Bright's golden-goal in the 106th minute completed her first career hat trick and propelled TCU past Princeton, 3-2, and into the Sweet Sixteen. It's the second straight appearance in the Sweet Sixteen for TCU. Camryn Lancaster assisted on all three Bright tallies.

The Rundown
TCU played from behind for much of the contest, but never gave up, twice tying the game to get the contest into overtime. The Horned Frogs dominated the extra periods and were finally rewarded in the 106th minute.

The dynamic duo of Camryn Lancaster and Messiah Bright teamed up for the third time in the game for the golden goal. Lancaster found Bright with room to move. She split her defenders and fired home the game-winner.

Lauren Kellett was brilliant in the opening half, making three stellar saves, but the fourth shot on goal in the half eluded her as Princeton opened up the scoring in the 36th minute.

TCU came out on a mission in the second half and finally found the equalizer in the 71st minute. Gracie Brian fed Lancaster in space to the right of the goalkeeper. A good run into the 18 created space for Lancaster and she found Bright for the easy tap in goal and a 1-1 game.

Just over two minutes later, Princeton regained its one-goal lead. Gabi Juarez crossed the ball into the 18 and Jen Estes found the ball in the air and batted it home for a 2-1 lead.

The Frogs picked up steam following the goal and had a three outstanding looks at goal go just wide. Bright was able to find the equalizer with two minutes to go. Lancaster sent a perfect through ball to a streaking Bright for the running shot and game-tying goal.

Stat of the Game
Messiah Bright's first career hat trick gives her a school-record 17 goals on the season. She also is now the career record holder in goals scored with 39.

Quotes of the Game
Head Coach Eric Bell
On the game:

"First off, congratulations to Princeton on a very good season. They are a very good team and gave us our money's worth. As far as us, we are warriors. We've got a group of warriors that wherever we go in the country, we can compete with anybody. Even if we go down, we are resilient enough to figure out a way to score goals and win games.

"Messiah Bright is incredible. It was a fantastic game for her. Scoring three goals in a national tournament game is unbelievable. Camryn Lancaster had a fantastic game as well and so did many others in allowing us to do what we did tonight. I couldn't be more proud of our group.

On scoring late goals:
"We believe. We've shown that we can play soccer with the best teams. When time is running out, we still can figure out a way, show composure and poise in those moments and find ways to score goals."

Notes
• TCU improves to 4-5-2 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
• TCU is advancing to the Sweet Sixteen for the second time in program history.
• TCU ran its unbeaten streak to a school-record 13 games (11-0-2).
• TCU played in its fourth overtime game of the season, improving to 2-0-2 in those contests.
• TCU is unbeaten in its last 12 overtime games (4-0-8)
• TCU is now 41-25-59 all-time in overtime and 17-7-27 under the guidance of head coach Eric Bell.
• TCU tallied double-digit shots for the 22nd time this season.
• TCU outshot its opponent for the 15th time this season.
Messiah Bright scored the 16th hat trick in program history.
• Bright notched her fifth game-winning goal of the season and the 13th of her career.
• Bright scored her second career golden-goal.
Camryn Lancaster tallied three assists in the game and now has 12 on the season.
Gracie Brian tallied her ninth assist of the year and the 19th of her career. She moves into sole possession of fourth all-time in career assists.

Up Next
TCU (19-2-2) will face Rutgers on Sunday. Match time is set for Noon (CT) at Yurcak Field on the Rutgers campus. The contest will be streamed for free on B1G+.

Toad Jones

These kids will not lay down! They will not stop trying! This is a very talented team and C & M are unbelievable!!! And...the girls around these two make them fantastic! I'm so proud of the team and Eric. If you haven't, sit down and watch these kids, they deserve and have earned the respect from all fans and we should be VOCALLY SUPPORTING THEM. GO FROGS. Tonight will be a challenge but I bet they win,... again!!!!!

froglash88

We are a Women’s Soccer School. No Seriously, Awesome job. I’m not sure I should watch the next one. The only game I was able to watch, we lost vs Pepperdine.

Go Frogs Beat Rutgers!

Moose Stuff

These kids will not lay down! They will not stop trying! This is a very talented team and C & M are unbelievable!!! And...the girls around these two make them fantastic! I'm so proud of the team and Eric. If you haven't, sit down and watch these kids, they deserve and have earned the respect from all fans and we should be VOCALLY SUPPORTING THEM. GO FROGS. Tonight will be a challenge but I bet they win,... again!!!!!
Game is at noon.