ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Chaylyn Hubbard's first career goal led No. 9 TCU to a 1-0 victory over Kansas State Friday night at Buser Family Park. Lauren Kellett finished
GoFrogs: Unbeaten Streak Moves to Six With Win at Kansas State
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Chaylyn Hubbard's first career goal led No. 9 TCU to a 1-0 victory over Kansas State Friday night at Buser Family Park. Lauren Kellett finished the contest with four saves to tally her fifth shutout of the season.
The game-winner came in the dying moments of the first half. Kansas State's goalkeeper, Alaina Werremeyer, failed to corral the initial shot attempt by Seven Castain and Chaylyn Hubbard cleaned up the rebound, chipping the ball into the empty net.
The Horned Frogs threatened throughout the entire contest. Back-to-back shots from Messiah Bright and Oli Pena almost gave TCU the lead in the 33rd minute, but Werremeyer was there to make the stops both times.
Camryn Lancaster notched a quality look in the 57th minute and fired a laser from 30 yards out, but her shot was just high and hit the top of the crossbar.
TCU's defense shined, holding the Wildcats to just four shots on goal to help the Frogs post their second consecutive shutout and the sixth of the season. Kellett recorded her first save two minutes into the contest when she blocked a shot in the top right corner of the net.
Stat of the Game
229 – TCU recorded its second straight shutout and has not allowed a goal in 229 minutes, dating back to the first half against Texas.
Quote of the Game
Head Coach Eric Bell
On the overall game play
"I thought we played really well from an attacking perspective and a defending perspective. We controlled the game with our tempo of possession. The second half we were even more dangerous. They're doing everything we're asking them to do and we are happy to win a game on the road in conference."
On the defense posting back-to-back shutouts
"I think tactically we've tried to shore some things up with our shape and how we want to defend. The players have embraced that and they've done a really good job."
On Chaylyn Hubbard
"I'm super happy for her. We've been talking about this for years. She's been a big part of what we've been able to do as a program. For it to be her first goal and for it to be the game-winner, I couldn't be happier for her because she definitely deserves it."
• TCU is on a six-game unbeaten streak (4-0-2).
• Over three conference games, TCU has only allowed one goal.
• TCU is undefeated all-time against Kansas State (6-0-0).
• This is the third consecutive game between TCU and Kansas State that has been decided by one goal.
• TCU outshot its opponent for the ninth time this season.
• TCU has recorded double-digit shot attempts in every game this season.
• TCU tallied more corner kicks than its opponent for the 10th time this season.
• Chaylyn Hubbard scored her first career goal.
• Lauren Kellett posted her second consecutive shutout and her fifth of the season.
• Kellett now has 15 shutouts in her career.
• Messiah Bright led the team in shots (5).
• Grace Coppinger, Olivia Hasler and Chaylyn Hubbard played the entire match.
No. 9 TCU (7-2-3, 2-0-1 Big 12) hosts West Virginia (4-3-5, 1-0-2 Big 12) Thursday, Oct. 6 at Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium. The game will be televised on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.