• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Riley a Finalist for the Broyles Award

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

GoFrogs: Riley a Finalist for the Broyles Award

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. --
The Broyles Award has announced TCU Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach Garrett Riley as one of five finalists for the honor recognizing the nation's top assistant coach.

In his first season at TCU, Riley directs one of the nation's most prolific offensive attacks while also coaching quarterback Max Duggan into the best season of his career.

TCU has the nation's sixth-most improved offense (+12.6) in points per game, averaging 41.3 per contest. The Horned Frogs rank among the FBS leaders in all major offensive categories and are tied for the national lead with 13 offensive touchdowns of at least 50 yards. TCU is second in the country with 17 plays of 50-plus yards and 10 plays of at least 60 yards. The Horned Frogs are also one of only two FBS teams averaging at least 270 yards per game passing, 195 rushing and have at least 30 passing and 30 rushing touchdowns.

Duggan is fourth in the nation in passing efficiency with a 171.3 rating and is tied for second among Power 5 quarterbacks, one off the lead, with 16 touchdown passes of at least 20 yards. He has accounted for three or more touchdowns in eight of his 11 starts this season. Duggan's 34 touchdowns responsible for (29 passing, 5 rushing) is third in a season at TCU. He leads the Big 12 with 29 touchdown passes while throwing just three interceptions, completing a career-high 66.6 percent of his passes which ranks second in a season at TCU.

FrogCop19

Anyone else surprised that ticketfrog's first appearance in nearly a month is related to a monkey and an elephant engaged in sweet, sweet coitus?

Who had that on their BINGO card?

ticketfrog123

Anyone else surprised that ticketfrog's first appearance in nearly a month is related to a monkey and an elephant engaged in sweet, sweet coitus?

Who had that on their BINGO card?
Check the post history sir.

Got banned bc somebody called me a p word.

Will be taking my talents to the other forum in the near future. Not worth helping this place with my clicks and inspiration

Maniac leaves / has a kid and the place falls apart

FrogCop19

Check the post history sir.

Got banned bc somebody called me a p word.

Will be taking my talents to the other forum in the near future. Not worth helping this place with my clicks and inspiration
Inspiration? All I've seen you do is badmouth MAD MAX and the team as a whole, despite the fact that we're 12-0 and MAD MAX is currently seriously in the discussion for the Heisman and the Davey O'Brien Award.

Ordinarily I don't engage with people in a negative fashion on ANY forum I'm a part of, including those of other teams, but your constant naysaying and blatant disregard for facts and results of one of the best quarterbacks we've seen in two decades have worn your welcome thin.

And if that's your version of inspiration, I'm sure your 'talents' will last about as long at the other forum as they did here.

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

ticketfrog123

Inspiration? All I've seen you do is badmouth MAD MAX and the team as a whole, despite the fact that we're 12-0 and MAD MAX is currently seriously in the discussion for the Heisman and the Davey O'Brien Award.

Ordinarily I don't engage with people in a negative fashion on ANY forum I'm a part of, including those of other teams, but your constant naysaying and blatant disregard for facts and results of one of the best quarterbacks we've seen in two decades have worn your welcome thin.

And if that's your version of inspiration, I'm sure your 'talents' will last about as long at the other forum as they did here.

Lose Willy Wonka GIF
Thanks pal - this forum is a hoot

Focus on this week before you ramble about best in two decades. This team is not better than the peach bowl. Squeaking by so-so teams vs. 2014 blowing people out.

I don’t badmouth the team - Nothing against the team - disagree on the hype on here outside of the record. Obviously better than going 6-6. No chance this team wins the playoff - 2014 could have - much better D and depth. Is that badmouthing? Having thoughts and an opinion?

Max is nowhere near Boykin in terms of stats or pocket presence. Better year than his awful past but still has issues with sacks and pocket presence - will be obvious against a playoff team given what Texas did with blitzing.

Wonder why there’s no NFL talk about Max given he’s eligible? You seem to think he’s ion the same level as Caleb or CJ

He’ll get an invite to NYC but his odds of winning that or Davey award are nowhere near “serious” according to Vegas.

Just facts.

FrogCop19

Thanks pal - this forum is a hoot

Focus on this week before you ramble about best in two decades. This team is not better than the peach bowl. Squeaking by so-so teams vs. 2014 blowing people out.

I don’t badmouth the team - Nothing against the team - disagree on the hype on here outside of the record. Obviously better than going 6-6. No chance this team wins the playoff - 2014 could have - much better D and depth. Is that badmouthing? Having thoughts and an opinion?

Max is nowhere near Boykin in terms of stats or pocket presence. Better year than his awful past but still has issues with sacks and pocket presence - will be obvious against a playoff team given what Texas did with blitzing.

Wonder why there’s no NFL talk about Max given he’s eligible? You seem to think he’s ion the same level as Caleb or CJ

He’ll get an invite to NYC but his odds of winning that or Davey award are nowhere near “serious” according to Vegas.

Just facts.
You know what, I stand corrected, sir. You are a paragon of inspiration! Your continued support of TCU football and the leader of our team are unparalleled!

Welcome back, ticketfrog123!

ticketfrog123

You know what, I stand corrected, sir. You are a paragon of inspiration! Your continued support of TCU football and the leader of our team are unparalleled!

Welcome back, ticketfrog123!
Same thing ADJD said to me when he begged me to try and backfill the east suites where all the big donors backed out once OU / UT announced SEC move

FrogCop19

You’re more than welcome if you want to drop $10k / yr on seats to watch UCF and Houston play at AGCS
Nope, not only do I not have that money, I wouldn't spend it on that if I could. I have a family that I'd much rather go on vacations with, and on a teacher's salary that don't work out so well.

I also have no need to try to convince anyone else on a message board that I'm important enough to have conversations with the AD on a regular basis, nor do I feel the need to move the goalposts in an argument. Nowhere did I say MAD MAX was the best we've ever had, I said he was one of the best we've had in a couple of decades. Nowhere did I say he's on the same level as Stroud or Williams. And you say you don't badmouth the team, but in the same sentence you say, "No chance this team wins the playoff - 2014 could have - much better D and depth. Is that badmouthing? Having thoughts and an opinion?" Yes, for someone that claims to be so involved and important to the university, that is badmouthing the team. You take every opportunity to nitpick MAD MAX's monumental contributions, seemingly ignoring the fact that he is in the top ten of nearly every statistic for college quarterbacks this year and that he has improved leaps and bounds over his previous years. At the very least he deserves an invite to NYC.

You're the biggest pessimist on this board, and it's not even close. But hey, you do you, and I'm out.

ticketfrog123

Nope, not only do I not have that money, I wouldn't spend it on that if I could. I have a family that I'd much rather go on vacations with, and on a teacher's salary that don't work out so well.

I also have no need to try to convince anyone else on a message board that I'm important enough to have conversations with the AD on a regular basis, nor do I feel the need to move the goalposts in an argument. Nowhere did I say MAD MAX was the best we've ever had, I said he was one of the best we've had in a couple of decades. Nowhere did I say he's on the same level as Stroud or Williams. And you say you don't badmouth the team, but in the same sentence you say, "No chance this team wins the playoff - 2014 could have - much better D and depth. Is that badmouthing? Having thoughts and an opinion?" Yes, for someone that claims to be so involved and important to the university, that is badmouthing the team. You take every opportunity to nitpick MAD MAX's monumental contributions, seemingly ignoring the fact that he is in the top ten of nearly every statistic for college quarterbacks this year and that he has improved leaps and bounds over his previous years. At the very least he deserves an invite to NYC.

You're the biggest pessimist on this board, and it's not even close. But hey, you do you, and I'm out.
I’m obviously not the biggest pessimist on this board given the season prediction thread.

I’m a big team guy - to act like max is some savior for TCU football or even in the conversation for best QBs at TCU in past 2 decades bc of 1 year is off the mark.

Monumental contributions to TCU? Yeah let’s build duggan a statue next to Gary.

QJ is the best WR TCU has had. Ever.

Kendre is a top 3 RB for TCU all-time.

Maybe some credit to play calling and design, too.

But it’s all glory to max? Cut me a break his backup can do the same if not better given the offensive playmakers this year.

I already said he’s getting an invite to NYC. Selective reading?

Last edited: