GoFrogs: Preview: vs. Mississippi Valley State
- TCU (3-0) hosts its fourth-straight game on Friday at 7 p.m. against Mississippi Valley State (0-3) in Schollmaier Arena.
- TCU has won its first three games by an average of 29.3 points per game.
- The Horned Frogs are led by JaKobe Coles' 16.0 points per game which ranks fifth in the Big 12.
- Preseason All-Big 12 forward Emanuel Miller is averaging 12.3 points and 7.0 rebounds.
- Coles, Micah Peavy and Jameer Nelson Jr. have scored in double-figures in each of the Frogs' three games.
- Coles and Peavy rank fourth in the Big 12 in field goal percentage, making 19-of-29 (65.5%) from the field.
- TCU has made 31 of 38 attempts from the free throw line for 81.6 percent, the best in the Big 12.
- TCU leads the Big 12 and ranks 13th nationally with 22.3 fastbreak points per game. TCU led the nation last season with 17.46 fastbreak points.
- TCU leads the Big 12 and ranks 11th nationally with 7.0 blocks per game.
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and seventh nationally with 23.7 assists per game.
- TCU ranks 12th nationlly in defensive effeciency at 91.3.
- TCU ranks ninth nationally in average possesion length at 14.0 seconds per offensive possession.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 93-33 overall in Schollmaier Arena.
- Under Dixon, TCU has gone 71-11 in the months of November and December combined.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 85-13 in nonconference games and 59-5 in nonconference games in Schollmaier Arena.
- TCU was picked to finish fifth in the Big 12 in a poll voted on by the league's coaches.
- TCU is receiving votes in the AP Top 25. TCU was No. 22 in the final ranking of the 2022-23 season.
- Last season, TCU went 22-13 overall and 9-9 in the Big 12. The Horned Frogs advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the second-straight year for the first time in 70 seasons.
- Miller averaged 12.3 points and 6.5 rebounds last season, which are the second-most returning points and rebounds in the Big 12 Conference.
- Of the sixteen 20-win seasons in TCU's history, five have come in the last seven seasons.
- TCU is looking for three-straight trips to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in school history.
LAST TIME OUT
- TCU turned it on in the second half to beat UTRGV, 88-55 Tuesday. TCU scored 55 points in the second half.
- JaKobe Coles led TCU in scoring for a second-straight game with 16 points. He was one of five in double figures.
- Avery Anderson III and Jameer Nelson Jr. each scored 15 points to contribute to the 33-point win.
About the Opponent
- Mississippi Valley State is 0-3 on the season with losses at LSU, Oklahoma and most recently UConn.
- Rayquan Brown leads the Delta Devils with 16.3 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
- TCU leads the all-time series 5-0.
- The two teams met last season on Dec. 18, 2022, an 88-43 win for the Horned Frogs. It was TCU's largest winning margin in eight seasons. JaKobe Coles scored 12 points and Emanuel Miller had 11 for TCU which moved to 9-1.
- TCU is 44-1 all-time against members of the SWAC and defeated Southern in the season opener, 108-75.
- TCU continues a six-game homestand to start the season with a game against Alcorn State on Tuesday at 7 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.