• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Preview of Beach VB NCAA Round of 16 vs. TAMUCC

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

GoFrogs: Preview of Beach VB NCAA Round of 16 vs. TAMUCC

GULF SHORES, Ala.
– No. 2 TCU Beach Volleyball (38-3) begins its quest for an NCAA Championship with a Round of 16 match against No. 15-seed Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (21-12). The match is set for 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 4 in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

The Round of 16 match is a single-elimination scenario, with the winner advancing into the double-elimination Elite 8, starting Friday, May 6. The winner of TCU vs. TAMUCC will take on the winner of No. 7 Grand Canyon and No. 10 Georgia State on Friday for a spot in the NCAA semifinals.

FOLLOW ALONG
Bracket (PDF)
Watch Live on ESPNU

FROG FOCUS
TCU returns to the NCAA Tournament for the second time after its greatest season in program history. The Horned Frogs won 38 matches this season, including 14 against Top 10-ranked opponents and 21 over Top 20 - all program records.

Alvarez and Moreno are now the winningest pairing in TCU program history, notching 51 wins together through two seasons (51-15). They are 25-6 together at the No. 1 spot this season, with a stellar 12-4 record against ranked teams.

Two pairings are currently tied for the most wins by a TCU pair in a single season (28): Maria Gonzalez / Ana Vergara and Megan Muret / Rochelle Scott - matching the record set by current Graduate Assistant Olivia Blackburn and Hailey Brockett, last season.

The Horned Frogs are undefeated against in-state opponents throughout their history, posting a 4-0 record this season to improve to 27-0 all-time, including an 11-0 record against first round opponent Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

SCOUTING THE OPPOSITION
TAMUCC is making its NCAA Tournament debut after winning the Southland Conference title last weekend. The Islanders went 11-0 in SLC play this season. This will be the third meeting between the two schools this season, TCU won the previous two, 5-0 and 4-1.

FOLLOW THE FROGS
For more information on TCU beach volleyball, visit gofrogs.com and follow the team on social media: @TCUBeachVB on Twitter , Instagram and Facebook.

JogginFrog

Frogs sweep the Beach Aggies 3-0; they advance to play the 10 seed, Georgia State, on Friday at 11a Central.

I think it's double-elimination from here on out.

Georgia State was the only lower-seeded team to advance in Round 1, knocking off Grand Canyon 3-2, with 4 of the matches going to a third set. The Frogs beat GSU 4-1 in early March at the Horned Frog Challenge. The loss came on Court 2; TCU won in straights on Courts 1 & 5.

WhoDatFrog

Lost to Georgia State in the morning & eliminated after a 3-2 loss to LSU this evening.
Disappointing ending, but a great season.

Endless Purple

Yes, very disappointing after the season they had.

I would have been more frustrated had I spent the money and time to go to Alabama Friday evening to watch Saturday and Sunday matches. I guess being backlogged with things to do actually turned out good. I do hope to make it one year and see the Lady Frogs win the title.