• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: OSU post-game quotes

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
OKLAHOMA STATE QUOTES

Oklahoma State Head Coach Mike Gundy
On the outcome of the game:
"As a coach, it was disappointing to watch. We waited until the fourth quarter to play on offense and make plays. It was essentially just a game full of mistakes for us, one right after the other. The defense played well, but the offense couldn't move the ball at all.
"We also had two dumb penalties that gave them 30 yards. We also got out of position a few times on defense. On the long run, we had two guys who stuck their heads in the same gap. I was concerned about whether we could rally back after a big win last week. We were a little flat early in the week, then we practiced well and finished the week strong, but we certainly didn't play like that tonight. The good news is that we get to play another game and I told the team that I would sure hate to finish the season like this."

On the offense's struggles:
"We didn't block very well, we didn't throw very wel, and we didn't run the ball very well. It looked like zero sense of urgency."

On upcoming practices before the bowl game:
"We usually practice 14 times before the bowl and I'm going to say that at least eight of them will be on basic fundamentals. We just need quality work with young guys."

Oklahoma State running back Chubba Hubbard
Opening Statement:
"We're a great team. Sometimes we just don't play to our full potential and we're better than this. We just got to keep coming back better."

On how tough a game this is:
"We just were a little too late. We weren't playing good offense and defense in the first few quarters. You have to be able to play all four quarters."

On playing with urgency when starting off slow:
"I mean definitely not if you look at West Virginia when we were down 17-0 at half. That is just something we have to address and take care of. We have to come out fast and finish strong."

On incorporating young players:
"We do have a lot of young guys. I wouldn't say that's a part of it. They are learning and I'm learning and just trying to get better."

Oklahoma State linebacker Justin Phillips
On if TCU getting bowl eligible was a factor in the outcome:
"I feel like we are getting in games that we are supposed to win and guys might get relaxed. I feel like when we get in games we are supposed to win, things don't always go our way and we don't play to our potential."

On if it comes down to focus:
"Guys have to win individual battles and not have to do too much or do someone else's job."

On the frustration of losing:
"It's burning up inside. I hate losing games, especially games that we are supposed to win. I just want to finish out the season well. It's just another thing to learn from.

On having one more game to play:
"We are fortunate enough to get that extra game in. We just need to learn from this game and play a perfect game from both sides of the ball with guys flying around and running on all cylinders."

Oklahoma State safety Kenneth Edison-McGruder
On the slow start:
"We are well conditioned. I don't think anyone was tired. The defense wanted to be on the field as least as possible of course. It's a challenge, but it's nothing that we can't handle as a defense."

On if TCU was hungrier than OSU:
"No, it's just a focus thing. When we play against teams that are supposedly good, we play our best games. It was just a focus thing."