• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Nunez on Ray Guy Award Watch List

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072518aaa.html

GoFrogs: Nunez on Ray Guy Award Watch List

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- TCU's Adam Nunez has been named to the watch list for the 2018 Ray Guy Award, presented to the nation's top collegiate punter.

Nunez, working this summer as an intern in the TCU athletics communications office, averaged 39.3 yards last season with 30 of his 62 punts placed inside the 20-yard line, including 11 inside the 10, with just four touchbacks.

In a 31-24 victory over West Virginia, Nunez put four of his five first-half punts inside the 6-yard line. He averaged 43.0 yards on seven punts in the game in being selected Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week.

A junior from Houston, Nunez was a 2017 First-Team Academic All-Big 12 honoree.

The Ray Guy Award is named after the former Southern Miss great and Pro Football Hall of Famer.

talor

Nunez deserves to be in the conversation as most improved player from 2016 to 2017. I hope he continued to improve and if he can add a little more oomph I'd feel really good about him back there. That being said...we should go for it a lot.

Bob

Would love to see Adam set the record for fewest punts per game in NCAA history. But, when he does, I hope he kicks the Briles out of that pigskin.