• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: No. 25 Kansas Tops Soccer In Overtime

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2018/10/12/womens-soccer-no-25-kansas-tops-tcu-in-overtime.aspx

GoFrogs: No. 25 Kansas Tops Soccer In Overtime

LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas struck for the game-winner just 1:31 into the first overtime to hand TCU a 2-1 loss Friday night at Rock Chalk Park. Maddy Warren tallied TCU's lone goal in the match.

The Rundown
Kansas opened up a 1-0 lead in the 31stminute on a goal from Grace Hagan. A long forward pass from a Kansas midfielder looked like it was going to roll safely out of bounds, but stopped just short of the end line and Hagan swooped in and buried a low shot in goal for the early lead.

Just over eight minutes later, the Horned Frogs knotted the game at one. Maddy Warren picked up a loose ball about 35 yards out. She carried it forward before unleashing a shot from 30 yards, high and over the head of the Jayhawk keeper.

The second half was full of action, but neither team could find the back of the net. Yazmeen Ryan had the best look for the Frogs just two minutes into the second period, but her shot was blocked out of danger by a Kansas defender.

Emily Alvardo came up with a huge stop in the 54thminute as she knocked away a Kaycie Young header just before it bounced over the goal line.

The Jayhawks quickly went on the attack in overtime. Elise Reina found an open Eva Eliasdottir for the game-winning goal in the 92ndminute.

Stat of the Game
5 –
TCU went to overtime for the second straight game and the fifth time this season. The Horned Frogs are 2-1-2 in the extra sessions this year.

Quotes of the Game
Head Coach Eric Bell
On the game:
"At the end of regulation, I went over to their coaches and said it was a great game. I wanted to do it then so one of us wasn't happy or sad about the outcome. We played hard but didn't come out on the right end. I really felt us and Kansas were evenly matched. It could have gone either way and I knew it could be like this. I felt good about our game plan. We have to be sharper at some points in the game. We'll look at the tape and get better."

Notes
• The Horned Frogs are now 37-24-52 all-time in overtime and 13-7-21 under the guidance of head coachEric Bell.
• TCU tallied double-digit shots for the 13th time this season.
• TCU allowed double-digit shots for just the seventh time this season.
• TCU was outshot by its opponent for the just the sixth time this season.
Maddy Warren scored her sixth goal of the season.
Natalee Heiser recorded her first career assist.
Yazmeen Ryan led the team with three shots.
Cachet Lue, Tijana Djuricek and Karitas Tomasdottir played the entirety of the match.

Up Next
TCU (9-4-2, 2-3-1) will wrap up its three-game road trip Sunday afternoon at Kansas State. First touch is set for 12:30 p.m. The match will be televised on ESPN3.