• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: No. 20 TCU Baseball at Kansas Preview

Endless Purple

If Frogs win tomorrow I’m thinking they lock in at least 2nd seed unless there’s some quirky weather cancellations.
Looking at it, I think my list still holds true - almost

If Tech wins out, but loses a game to weather 16-7 they will still win #1, unless the rainout is to OSU on Sunday. (edit - Dang it - this only holds if OSU still loses one game to rainout too otherwise 17-7 would be ahead).
Then if OSU wins out but loses a game to weather 17-6 they will still win #1
If OU wins out but loses one to weather 15-8, they are screwed because they can't catch TCU in the win column.

Edit - not figuring multiple rain-out scenarios.

Pharm Frog

Could 6 teams make it in?
The last “projections” I saw actually suggested that. Personally, I can’t see that happening although the Ws have been distributed almost perfectly to this point to make that a possibility. At this point I can’t imagine UT, Tech, and OSU being left out. If the Frogs lose tomorrow and fall to 3rd or 4th in conference and lose a couple to Santa Clara I’d be anxious because we’d probably be down in the 50’s of RPI with an unimpressive resume. OU wins tomorrow and goes to Lubbock and takes 2 Ws…hard to see them not getting in but lose tomorrow and get swept in Lubbock equals anxiety. Still think the Eers will need to play their way in.

Endless Purple

I think one of the posts on the horn fans baseball forum was pretty accurate. One of their fans was talking about several of their games and conference standings, and finished with something like - If we hadn't lost those 4 games, UT would be in first place.

hmmm, no kidding.

Pharm Frog

W today gets 9 RPI points
L gets -39

Really massive game for the Frogs in a few respects. Hopefully they can flush everything from yesterday except for the confidence and dominate from the get-go.

Will face a righty. Throws a lot of pitches per game. 5–5 Started and won the game against Tech after Tech had won the previous day 28-3.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I think one of the posts on the horn fans baseball forum was pretty accurate. One of their fans was talking about several of their games and conference standings, and finished with something like - If we hadn't lost those 4 games, UT would be in first place.

hmmm, no kidding.
If "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts, what a pleasant Christmas it would be.

-- Don Meredith

MadFrog

TCU has to win today. Then, I hope Tech wins for the sweep. Next weekend Tech gets OU and OSU gets Baylor.

If OSU wins today, I bet they will sweep lowly Baylor and win the top seed.

If TT wins today, I am hoping OU can at least win one game next weekend. Then everyone will have 8 losses. That would be nice surprise to tie for the Championship.

PS -- I love that UT is not in the above conversation.

Pharm Frog

TCU has to win today. Then, I hope Tech wins for the sweep. Next weekend Tech gets OU and OSU gets Baylor.

If OSU wins today, I bet they will sweep lowly Baylor and win the top seed.

If TT wins today, I am hoping OU can at least win one game next weekend. Then everyone will have 8 losses. That would be nice surprise to tie for the Championship.

PS -- I love that UT is not in the above conversation.
Yep...I'm with you although I would like OU to drop the finale to WVU today and fall to 9 losses. Ironically, it's UT's struggles in conference that has allowed more Big12 teams to be in the mix for post-season.

Order will be OU v WVU today at 12n
Tech at OSU at 1p
Frogs in Lawrence at 2p

Baylor v KSU at 1p

PurplFrawg

Administrator

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Andrew Vabre Devine (October 7, 1905 – February 18, 1977) was an American character actor known for his distinctive raspy, crackly voice and roles in Western films, including his role as Cookie, the sidekick of Roy Rogers in 10 feature films. He also appeared alongside John Wayne in films such as Stagecoach (1939), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, and How the West Was Won (both 1962). He is also remembered as Jingles on the TV series The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok from 1951 to 1958

"Devine also worked in television. He hosted Andy's Gang, a children's TV show,[8] on NBC from 1955 to 1960."