• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Moore Reaches 1,000 Points in TCU Win

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2018/11/11/womens-basketball-moore-reaches-1-000-points-in-tcu-win.aspx

Moore Reaches 1,000 Points in TCU Win

FORT WORTH, Texas – Jordan Moore scored 18 points, all in the first half, to become the 18th player in TCU history to reach 1,000 career points as the Horned Frogs rolled to a 96-47 victory over Mississippi Valley State at Schollmaier Arena on Sunday.

THE RUNDOWN
The Horned Frogs led wire-to-wire for the second time in as many games this season, led by Moore who went 8-for-11 from the field in the first half.

TCU had five players reach double-digits in scoring in the contest with Moore's 18 being followed by Amy Okonkwo (13), Kianna Ray (11), Ella Hellessey (11) and Yummy Morris (10).

For Hellessey and Morris, the totals were career highs while Ray matched her personal best with three 3-pointers in the contest.

The Horned Frogs doubled-up the Devilettes in the first quarter, 20-10, en route to a halftime lead of 51-21. TCU then shot 64 percent in the third quarter to build an insurmountable lead heading into the game's final quarter.

STAT OF THE GAME
1,000 – Playing in the 100th game of her career, senior Jordan Moorebecame the 18th player in TCU history to score 1,000 points. She is also just the fifth player to do so while also accumulating over 600 rebounds in her career.

QUOTES OF THE DAY
TCU Head Coach Raegan Pebley
"It has been an emotional few days for this team but I am just so proud of how they have served each other, how they have loved each other and how they have really created this family. It is moments like these that help you realize what kind of team you have and what their 'why' is. Their 'why' is, for sure, each other. I am really honored to be able to coach them."

"I don't sign anyone unless I think they are going to be great. We don't sign them unless they are a culture fit and part of our culture is growth, both on the floor and off the floor. Jordan has done that. It's not like Jordan has become a great player all of a sudden. She has just continued to build on it, has stayed confident and has stayed gritty. She has worked in the offseason to find the holes in the game and how she can get better. Her growth isn't over yet, there are still steps she is taking right now. One thousand points is awesome, but I love that one of the first things she did was thank her teammates because they are the ones passing her the ball and encouraging her."

IN MEMORY OF
TCU wore "KH" patches on its uniform in honor of Katrina Hunter, the mother of freshman Yummy Morris who passed away last Thursday.

UP NEXT
TCU will host SMU at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 at Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena.