• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Horned Frogs Storm Back to Down Cyclones on the Road

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/1/15/...-storm-back-to-down-cyclones-on-the-road.aspx

GoFrogs: Horned Frogs Storm Back to Down Cyclones on the Road
AMES, Iowa – The TCU Horned Frogs trailed by as many as 10 points midway through the third quarter, but a strong defensive stand over the final 15 minutes of play was the key component in a 77-74 come-from-behind win over the Iowa State Cyclones, Wednesday night at Hilton Coliseum.

The win pushed TCU's record to 12-3 overall and 3-1 in Big 12 play, giving the Horned Frogs its best start through the first four games of conference play since the 2014-15 season. ISU fell to 9-6 overall and 1-3 in the league standings.

THE RUNDOWN
TCU trailed 54-44 with 4:52 left to play in the third quarter, but closed out the frame with a 9-6 run to pull within seven. The Horned Frogs opened the fourth quarter with back-to-back three-pointers from Kianna Ray and Jaycee Bradley to pull within a point. A few minutes later Bradley was forced to throw up a clock shot-beating prayer and her bucket gave TCU its first lead – a 63-62 advantage – since leading 32-31 in the second quarter.

TCU would go on to outscore the home team 14-9 down the stretch, which included giving up just two field goals over the final three minutes and change. ISU's final field goal was a desperation three-pointer with TCU playing a prevent-type defense.

Lauren Heard opened the game draining her first four attempts from downtown and lead the team at the break with 19 points. She would finish the game with 25 points to notch her third 25-point game in the previous four contests. TCU has now had at least one player score 25 points in four straight games, dating back to the conference-opener against Texas.

Kianna Ray scored 14 points and Jayde Woods chipped in with a 14-point effort, as well. Woods scored 10 of her 14 points in the final quarter, which included five points for the Frogs in the final 39 seconds to play.

STAT OF THE GAME
+12 turnover margin – TCU forced 18 ISU turnovers, while committing a season-low six turnovers on the night. The Horned Frogs scored 18 points off those ISU miscues, while the Cyclones scored just seven points.

UP NEXT
The Horned Frogs will wrap-up its two-game road swing taking on Oklahoma this Sunday, Jan. 19, in Norman, Okla. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. at Lloyd Noble Center.

Atomic Frawg

LOVE the fact that they had only six turnovers. Usually when I watch them play I try to keep my hands empty because all the turnovers make me want to throw stuff. No way they would have won with their average number of TOs. They need to continue to stress that as we prep for the cream of conference opponents. Don't let this historic start go by the wayside. #leggo