• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: From The Desk of #ADJD

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
GoFrogs: From The Desk of #ADJD

Dear Horned Frogs:

Between football being 12-0, Max Duggan winning the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the Jane & John Justin Foundation providing a $10 million lead gift for a multifaceted renovation and expansion of our Human Performance Center and volleyball back in the postseason, this is as exciting a week as I have experienced in my 11 years at TCU.

Like you, I cannot wait for Saturday and look forward to seeing you at AT&T Stadium for the Dr Pepper Championship against Kansas State at 11:00 a.m. We could not be prouder of what Head Coach Sonny Dykes, our student-athletes, assistant coaches, support staff and everyone in our football program have accomplished this season. Thanks to the innovative mind of Commissioner Brett Yormark, the 2022 Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship will be an event different than any other the conference has previously hosted. Among the many brand enhancements are Grammy Award winner Ashanti performing the National Anthem with Unified World Welterweight Boxing Champion Errol Spence Jr. leading the ceremonial coin toss.

And how about our TCU Volleyball program? For the first time since 2016 we are in the NCAA Tournament set to face Washington in a first-round match today at 4:30 p.m. in Madison, Wisconsin. We finished third in the Big 12 Conference with an 11-5 record. I am so happy for Coach Jason Williams, our student-athletes and all those involved with volleyball on their phenomenal season.

We also concluded another terrific women's soccer campaign with our third straight trip to the Sweet 16! We are one of just 14 programs nationally to have played in each of the last seven NCAA Tournaments.

Men's basketball is 6-1, just outside the Top 25 and with impressive back-to-back victories over No. 25 Iowa and then Providence in the Big 12/Big East Battle. Our women's basketball program is 3-3 and at Rice tonight. Congratulations also to Gracie Morris on being our first cross country runner since 2016 to qualify for the NCAA Championships!

Read the rest at https://gofrogs.com/news/2022/12/2/general-from-the-desk-of-adjd.aspx