• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: From The Desk of #ADJD

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
image_handler.aspx

From The Desk of #ADJD

DEAR HORNED FROGS FANS:
We continue to hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Many of you have questions about our upcoming football and fall sports seasons, student-athlete returns to campus and other areas affected by the pandemic. Through daily conversations with our TCU campus administration and my Big 12 colleagues, as well as following the lead of health experts and medical professionals, I can assure you we are doing our best to ensure we follow the proper protocols for the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff, fans and everyone in the TCU community. Thank you for your loyal support during these challenging times!

CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATES
I want to begin this month's edition with a special shout out to our 67 student-athletes, across 14 sports, who became TCU graduates earlier this month! You might have heard me say previously that one of my favorite days of the year is commencement with our student-athletes in their cap and gown. I look forward to seeing everyone on August 8 for our graduation ceremony. My heart goes out to you, as well as all graduating TCU seniors, on not having that traditional senior year experience. Please continue to take care of yourself and family members!

TICKET REMINDERS
As a reminder, our football season ticket renewal deadline is Monday, June 1, with a couple of payment plans in place. If you have chosen a three-month plan, the first payment is due no later than June 1 with the second payment by June 15 and final payment on July 15. For a two-month plan, the first payment is due no later than June 1 with the final payment by July 15. In the event any games are cancelled or played with limited or no fans, season ticket and donor parking accounts will have the following refund options due to "Acts of God" clause in our tickets policy:
Option 1 - Apply credit to the next season for the cancelled sport
Option 2 - Apply credit to the Frog Club for additional priority points and donation credit
Option 3 - Refund season ticket holder account

HORNED FROGS NATION
I hope you were able to catch the debut episode Wednesday night of our special edition of Horned Frogs Nation. Brian Estridge visited with Head Women's Basketball Coach Raegan Pebley. This was the first installment of a four-part series that can be seen each Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. CT on our TCU Athletics Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Upcoming shows will feature Head Baseball Coach Jim Schlossnagle (May 27), Head Soccer Coach Eric Bell (June 3) and Head Volleyball Coach Jill Kramer (June 10).

I know you will love these shows! We were unfortunately forced to cancel our popular Coaches Nights events this spring and our scheduled stops in Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. This provides a nice opportunity to still hear from our head coaches with insight into their programs and upcoming seasons.

VIRTUAL RIBBON CUTTING AND DEDICATION
Exciting news! We are finalizing plans and a date for our Virtual Ribbon Cutting and Dedication of the Legends Club & Suites. Project donors - please stay tuned, as we will soon update our Legends Club & Suites donors on the details of the event.

FIRST RESPONDERS ENDOWED ATHLETICS SCHOLARSHIP
Thanks to the incredible generosity of the Mead family and with our current situation, I could not be prouder to announce the creation of the First Responders Endowed Athletics Scholarship. The Mead family has been phenomenal to us and now has three active scholarships in their name.

The First Responders Endowed Athletics Scholarship will support a TCU student-athlete whose relative falls under the category of First Responder (firefighter, police, EMT, nurse, etc.). Congratulations to our inaugural recipient - football student-athlete Mikel Barkley!

To learn more about the First Responders Endowed Athletics Scholarship and ways you can support TCU student-athletes and Lead On: A Campaign for TCU, please contact the TCU Frog Club at frogclub@tcu.edu or 817.257.7700.

HORNED FROGS PRIORITY POINTS SYSTEM ADJUSTMENT
The Frog Club Advisory Board has voted to adjust the Horned Frogs Priority Points System to align our focus to raise money for scholarships with Lead On: A Campaign for TCU. Beginning June 1, 2020, annual fund donations to the Frog Club will generate 3 points per $100 instead of 2 points. Please CLICK HERE for the point breakdown between capital giving, annual giving and scholarship endowment giving.

HALL OF FAME CLASS ANNOUNCED
Our 53rd edition of the TCU Lettermen's Association Hall of Fame Class is quite impressive! Congratulations to Michael Cannon '86 (men's track and field), Bryan Holaday '10 (baseball), Jerry Hughes '10 (football), Jamie MacCurdy Kizer '02 (women's swimming and diving), Victor Payne '02 (football) and Roy Williams '01 (men's track and field)! Congrats as well to Nolan Brawley '64 (men's track and field) as our Vintage inductee and Senior Associate Athletics Director for Facilities and Operations T. Ross Bailey as the first-ever honoree in the Special Contributor category.

This outstanding group will be formally inducted on Thursday, October 1, with recognition at our Saturday, October 3, home football game against Oklahoma State.

NO. 1 IN THE BIG 12 AND STATE OF TEXAS
Gary Patterson has long been highly regarded by NFL personnel for the talent he develops, and that was on display with this year's NFL Draft. Our five selections were the most in the Big 12 and by any program in the state of Texas! The five picks also tied for second-most under Coach Patterson.

With a pair of first-round selections in Jalen Reagor (Philadelphia Eagles) and Jeff Gladney (Minnesota Vikings) as well as Ross Blacklock (Houston Texans) going in the second round and Lucas Niang (Kansas City Chiefs) in the third round, we had four players in the first 96 picks. We then added Vernon Scott (Green Bay Packers) in the seventh round.

We also had five other players sign free-agent contracts: Darius Anderson (Dallas Cowboys), TreVontae Hights (Carolina Panthers), Cordel Iwuagwu (Houston Texans), Anthony McKinney (Tennessee Titans) and Sewo Olonilua (Dallas Cowboys).

Along those lines, it was great to see Coach Patterson recognized by ESPN.com as the nation's 10th-best head coaching hire over the last 25 years. I would have had him much higher in that poll, wouldn't you?

WELCOME HOME, ANDY
We have always had a large contingent of Horned Frogs who are also Dallas Cowboys fans, but I believe that number has now reached record levels with Andy Dalton signing to wear the star on his helmet. It is great to have Andy back in Texas and especially right down the road. He has always kept a special place in his heart for his alma mater, and we look forward to seeing him around a lot more now. Welcome home, Andy!

Read more at https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/5/22/general-from-the-desk-of-adjd.aspx