• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Frogs Set for NCAA Indoor Championships

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/c-track/spec-rel/031314aac.html

Frogs Set for NCAA Indoor Championships
Moore, Ugen, men's 4 x 400 relay to compete for TCU

Schedule of Events

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Three individuals and the men's 4 x 400 relay team qualified for the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships Friday and Saturday at the University of New Mexico.

Lorraine Ugen (long jump), the Big 12 Champion and national leader, and Jordan Moore (60H), Big 12 Champion, will complete individually, while Raymond Bozmans (a 60m qualified), the Big Conference leader, is a medical scratch and will not compete due to injury.

The TCU men's 4 x 400 relay team currently has the fast time in the Big 12 (3:06.89).

"I feel good about everyone going and I feel good about their chances," TCU track and field coach Darryl Anderson said.

The meet begins Friday at 11 a.m. with the multi events, while field events get underway at 5 p.m. and track events at 7 p.m. ESPN3 will begin broadcasting the event live at 6:55 p.m. and 6:50 p.m. Saturday. A tape-delay broadcast will air March 22 at 5:30 p.m.

Ugen reeled of the top jump in the country (21.7.50) in winning the Big 12 Conference Championship two weeks ago in Ames, Iowa. She is also the defending NCAA Outdoor Champion in the same event.

"She is in a good groove right now," Anderson said. "We're excited to see her go out and see if se can separate herself from the rest of the field early on in the competition. We're excited to watch her compete."

The women's long jump and trials and finals begin at 7 p.m. Friday.

Moore posted the fastest time in the conference (7.70) at the Tyson Invitational in mid-February. He is currently ranked ninth nationally in the 60H.

"I like his chances," Anderson said. "I like the way he compete with where he has come from and what he had done."
He posted a time of 7.86 to win the Big 12 Championships two weeks ago.

The 60H semifinals begin at 7:30 p.m. and the finals are Saturday at 7:20 p.m.

The men's 4 x 400 relay team is currently ranked 10th nationally.

"Over the last few days we have looked pretty good in training," Anderson said. "I think we are in a pretty good place where we can go in and be competitive in the relay and let it lead us to get ready for the outdoor season."

The 4 x 400 men's relay is set for 9:05 p.m. Saturday.