• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Frogs Raise Money for COVID-19 Relief

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/6/12/equestrian-frogs-raise-money-for-covid-19-relief.aspx

GoFrogs: Frogs Raise Money for COVID-19 Relief

FORT WORTH – In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, members of the TCU equestrian program created commemorative team cookbooks to raise money for the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.

"It is so humbling that members of our team thought to give back during such a hectic time," TCU Director of Equestrian Haley Schoolfield said. "They came up with this idea, compiled and designed a book, met NCAA regulations and marketed the project all on their own. It really displays the heart of our team and we couldn't be more proud of their work."

The book, thought of by rising senior Raegan Rast, puts together family recipies and favorite dishes from players, coaches and staff. Recently graduated Emma Edwards came up with the idea of raising money towards a good cause.

"Throughout this pandemic, it has been really imperative for us as a team to give back to those who have worked so hard to keep us all safe," Edwards said. "These are scary times for everyone and doing what we can for those in need has been a really great way to stay involved in our community."

The fundraising efforts raised a total of more than $1,750. The money will go towards aiding first responders, their families as well as those affected by providing temporary housing, food assistance and scholarships and grants for those in college and family members trying to pay for college.

"I wanted to create a way to unite the team and highlight the positive and accomplishments that came from the 2019-2020 year," Rast said on the cookbooks. "The idea came to me after Emma (Edwards) mentioned raising money for charity. I only thought people within the team would buy them, but it means the world that it has spread beyond the team and many people willing want to support the team, but more importantly a good cause."

Both Edwards and Rast have been fantastic members of the program, accumulating numerous academic awards in their time. Rast was named a Second Team All-American and the Big 12 Fences Rider of the Year in 2020. Edwards was a spirit captain during the 2020 season and always provided an emotional spark and uplifting attitude to the team every day.