• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Friday's TCU-CSFullerton baseball game notes

jake102

Any guesses on batting order? Guessing Watson bats 3 or 4. After that, no clue

So is Ovieda just out of it now? He lost his spot entirely?

Purp

Any guesses on batting order? Guessing Watson bats 3 or 4. After that, no clue

So is Ovieda just out of it now? He lost his spot entirely?
I had the same thought. I thought he was front runner at 3B. Not necessarily surprised to see someone start ahead of him and I'd heard our new infielders were all very solid, but I am a bit surprised to not even see him as top 2 at the position. Injury makes a bit of sense there. I liked the kid and thought he had some solid potential for us. If it's an ability thing that should be a good sign for us this season.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Originally, the game following ours was to be televised on the MLB Network. But, alas, it seems that they feel a re-run of 'The Rookie' would make more sense than actual, live baseball.

Go figure...

Pharm Frog

Originally, the game following ours was to be televised on the MLB Network. But, alas, it seems that they feel a re-run of 'The Rookie' would make more sense than actual, live baseball.

Go figure...

Used to play softball with J Morris between his baseball stints. Never saw the movie. Never want to see the movie. I saw that he was in Granbury recently doing a speech for a fundraiser charity. True story (as opposed to the lies) -- the last time Mrs. Pharm stepped on a softball field was in an intramural open field (no fence) coed softball game at Angelo State. She played right field and Jimmy hit a screaming line drive that never got more than 15' high and I could hear it whistling over my head playing first base. It was heading right at her so she screamed a four-letter obscenity, threw her glove down, dove face first on the ground, then got up and stalked off directly to her residence hall never to play the game again.

LawFrog504

Henry and Wolfe are going to surprise some people. Guenther hits bombs and has taken one deep every time I've been to scrimmage/game, etc. This team is going to be good. Schloss does not mess around after losing seasons. Cannot wait.

Side note- it's absolutely deplorable that this game isn't televised. Thank god we get an hour of "the jump" on ESPN so we can watch Brian Windhorst continue his battle with his top botton. Guess I'll just follow the PBP

Purp

Henry and Wolfe are going to surprise some people. Guenther hits bombs and has taken one deep every time I've been to scrimmage/game, etc. This team is going to be good. Schloss does not mess around after losing seasons. Cannot wait.

Side note- it's absolutely deplorable that this game isn't televised. Thank god we get an hour of "the jump" on ESPN so we can watch Brian Windhorst continue his battle with his top botton. Guess I'll just follow the PBP
Isn't there still a radio broadcast?

MTfrog5

I enjoy The Jump FWIW