• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: First Pitch Banquet To Be Held Feb. 9

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2018/12/19/baseball-first-pitch-banquet-to-be-held-feb-9.aspx

GoFrogs: First Pitch Banquet To Be Held Feb. 9

FORT WORTH - Head coach Jim Schlossnagle and the TCU baseball team invite fans to save the date for the upcoming First Pitch Banquet which will be held on Saturday, Feb. 9 at the BLUU Ballroom on the TCU campus.

The banquet will featured honored guests Lance Brown and the 1994 SWC championship team. The evening will begin with a cocktail reception at 6:15 p.m. followed by dinner and the program starting at 7 p.m. Tickets will go on sale at 8 a.m. on Jan. 3.

Brown fell 12 games shy of 1,000 games coached and ended his career with a 517-471 (.523) overall record. He ranks second all-time in wins at TCU. He earned Southwest Conference Coach of the Year honors twice, once in 1991 and again in 1994. In all, 40 players were drafted in the first-year draft. Six Horned Frogs went on to play in the major leagues. Fifty-one of his athletes were named to all-conference teams and seven earned second- or third-team All-American honors.

En route to a then-school-record 38 wins in 1994, the Horned Frogs won their first Southwest Conference regular season title since 1972 and first outright crown since 1956. They also received their first NCAA Tournament berth since 1956, where they recorded the school's first tournament win, an 11-3 triumph over Memphis in Stillwater, Okla.

The 2019 season is slated to begin Feb. 15 in Scottsdale, Ariz. at the MLB4 Tournament featuring Cal State Fullerton, Virginia and Vanderbilt.

Armadillo

Love me some JJ!

I say that every year, but in all seriousness I do wish the young man a healthy season. A full healthy season. Such a competitor.