• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Construction to Begin on AGCS Premium Seating Expansion

CountryFrog

Awesome. We need to get to 50,000 capacity somehow as the official number before 2024. It appears the Big XII is stable for now, but if there is drama before realignment talk, schools like Texas Tech will point at our stadium size as THE reason that TCU is not worthy.
I highly doubt Texas Tech and schools like them hold any sway over conference realignment decisions. I also don't think our stadium seating capacity will have any impact. Football is a television production.

LeagueCityFrog

I highly doubt Texas Tech and schools like them hold any sway over conference realignment decisions. I also don't think our stadium seating capacity will have any impact. Football is a television production.

My point was stadium capacity is our only weakness. TCU is awesome and everyone we compete with, even if they don't want to admit it, knows it. Attendance smack is all they got. Look at Washington State as an example, they are even more vulnerable, smaller stadium, small market, financially in the red. TCU needs to just keep building and winning and we will be good. We aren't falling for that same Ann Richards and Bob Bullock trick twice.

LeagueCityFrog

Also, TCU, for whatever reasons, pulls nationally for TV. My guess is that we have more per capita students from out of state vs in-state and maybe the fact we've been in conferences all over the country, and that we won the Rose Bowl. Could also be our color scheme, logo, and mascot. Whatever it is it works. Many people I have talked to feel the TCU vs Ohio State game is going to be epic.

CountryFrog

My point was stadium capacity is our only weakness. TCU is awesome and everyone we compete with, even if they don't want to admit it, knows it. Attendance smack is all they got. Look at Washington State as an example, they are even more vulnerable, smaller stadium, small market, financially in the red. TCU needs to just keep building and winning and we will be good. We aren't falling for that same Ann Richards and Bob Bullock trick twice.
I'm just saying that Jimmy Earl Texas Tech fan and his attendance smack doesn't actually mean anything. If it ever annoys you, though, there are plenty of pictures of half empty stands at Tech games in Lubbock that you can show.

Brog

You got that right, inasmuch as Bullock died in 1999 and Richards in 2006.

TCUdirtbag

I always thought it would nice to brick the interior field wall and cap it with the white stone.

Same. IIRC they priced it out as part of the 2012 rebuild and the cost to do so was absolutely absurd, and they ultimately decided against it because the walls are so close to the field they’d still have to pad them (which would just cover up those millions of dollars in brick work).

Ron Swanson

Same. IIRC they priced it out as part of the 2012 rebuild and the cost to do so was absolutely absurd, and they ultimately decided against it because the walls are so close to the field they’d still have to pad them (which would just cover up those millions of dollars in brick work).
I got a graphic tarp guy who does great work

lowfrog

Solution: brick tarp

Make that a TCU purple brick tarp over the wall padding with killer horned frogs on it. Have it go over the top of the wall and fans can pound on it during the games to make noise. Test it in advance to determine the best sound that can be derived from pounding on it. Should sound like thunder while the east side chants GO! and then the west side chants FROGS! over and over.

purpleeyefrog

Yes. Went by to take look at my bricks and they have a temp headquarters and some equipment on sight. Looks like doing some utility work or something first before they bring in the big cranes.