• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs.com

4th. down

What a joke, and this is supposed to be better? Where are the rosters for football, basketball, etc. and other data that we once had?????

netty2424

What a joke, and this is supposed to be better? Where are the rosters for football, basketball, etc. and other data that we once had?????
It is an absolute embarrassment of a website. Poorly built, poorly laid out, poorly updated, hard to read through player stats, hard to find information.

It's the single worst athletic site in all of sports.

EDIT: didn't realize it had been updated. Mobile site is still a little messy imo.

Eight

i'm confused by some of the comments.

only ads i have seen are at the bottom of the page and i needed to scroll down.

no problem accessing and the pathway is different to the various sports, but find it easier to move between the rosters, stats, etc..

curious browser people are using and if they are using an adblocker

TooColdU

It probably wasn't TCU's decision to redesign the website. It has to do with CBS Sports Digital's new partnership with Sidearm Sports. Tons of other schools have gotten redesigned sites as well. It isn't just a coincidence.

The video platform and ad infrastructure is still powered by CBS Sports Digital. They've just allocated the site hosting duties to Sidearm sports.

TCUdirtbag

The school really needs to take that over 100%, there is absolutely no reason for the public face of our athletic program controlled by a 3rd party.

Third parties provide almost all the content infrastructure. There are four primary elements: ticketing, store, live audio/video, and event tracking. All those competencies are handled by third parties, not TCU. As a result, it makes a lot more sense from a cost/efficiency standpoint to use sidearm and the like.

IMO, the new site is an improvement for two reasons: 1. The schedule at the top. 2. Free live streaming events in place of FV.

It’s esdentially the same as everyone else’s site. They’re all cluttered and overly-advertised. But they use the same third parties that give us the live stats and ticketing features that are what we really need/use the most. We can all get use to a new roster and schedule display format.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Sharp. Moves quicker. Then again, I haven't tried to watch a live event on it yet. Additionally, it didn't lock me out due to my adblocker, it merely whined about it.

Do these numbskulls even realize why we take the time and trouble to research, find, download and manage adblocking software?

Zubaz

I think I'm getting a different website than everyone else. The one I see is easy to navigate (are you really having a hard time finding rosters?), pretty much ad-free save for the bottom sponsor banner, and as @TCUdirtbag mentioned includes the benefit of free streaming.

Mobile site is a bit clunky with the frames on a limited screen, other than that no big deal.

4th. down

Third parties provide almost all the content infrastructure. There are four primary elements: ticketing, store, live audio/video, and event tracking. All those competencies are handled by third parties, not TCU. As a result, it makes a lot more sense from a cost/efficiency standpoint to use sidearm and the like.

IMO, the new site is an improvement for two reasons: 1. The schedule at the top. 2. Free live streaming events in place of FV.

It’s esdentially the same as everyone else’s site. They’re all cluttered and overly-advertised. But they use the same third parties that give us the live stats and ticketing features that are what we really need/use the most. We can all get use to a new roster and schedule display format.

Well, who is televising the game with Southern? The website of gofrogs.com that I'm looking at only shows the game with Southern and time and of course ticket info. why no roster info? Click on roster and a purple screen with TCU is all I can get??????

Eight

I wish they would go back to the old one. This one is HARD to navigate.

sdj

to find the sports from the landing page click on the 3 lines to the left of the tcu on the purple banner running across the page near the top

once you are on a specific sport's page you again click those 3 lines to left of the tcu to find things such as rosters, etc...

Latest posts