• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs.com: TCU takes down Delaware State, 14-5 (Equestrian)

Mean Purple

FORT WORTH – The No. 10- ranked TCU equestrian team dominated No. 7 Delaware State, 14-5, Thursday evening in Fort Worth. The Horned Frogs secured all four MOPs on the day for the second time this season.

DIRECTOR OF EQUESTRIAN HALEY SCHOOLFIELD
"This was the strong start to the season we were looking for," Schoolfield said. "It is a testament to the dedication that our athletes demand of themselves and their teammates."

Nick Danger

I think tennis, baseball, and soccer all won Big 12 titles last year.
Whenever it gets up and running (no pun intended) next year, look for the newest, obscure Women's sport at TCU, Triathlon, to be an instant National Power as well! TCU and Arizona State will be the only two Division I schools to field Triathlon teams, and Texas is a hot bed for the sport, with numerous Adult, Teen, and Youth Clubs, Training facilities, and meets around the state, to feed a recruiting pipeline to the only college game in town!

TCU adds Women's Triathlon!

Another strong hire by TCU!

Last edited:

hiphopfroggy

Whenever it gets up and running (no pun intended) next year, look for the newest, obscure Women's sport at TCU, Triathlon, to be an instant National Power as well! TCU and Arizona State will be the only two Division I schools to field Triathlon teams, and Texas is a hot bed for the sport, with numerous Adult, Teen, and Youth Clubs, Training facilities, and meets around the state, to feed a recruiting pipeline to the only college game in town!

TCU adds Women's Triathlon!

Another strong hire by TCU!

I am very excited about this and was disappointed when the formation of the team was delayed a year. I know a lot of Tri athletes and dipped my toe in for a second but just decided to stick with cycling.

The coach hire seems solid.

I'm curious if the bikes will be provided by the school or if the athlete is responsible for their own equipment. I'm personally a Bianchi/Campagnolo guy but also have a great Trek/SRAM setup, and think it would be great if TCU could swing a Melo Johnny's sponsorship/partnership.

Arizona State is a powerhouse with a head start and will be hard to knock off. Lot of strong Tri-Athletes in 'Zona and the West Coast too.

Look pedals are a must.

Kits need to be one of Giordana, Castelli or Santini.

Exciting times ahead for a very popular sport growing rapidly, especially among females.

I wonder if the swim and track coaches will work with the Tri team at all.

Last edited:

hiphopfroggy

FWIW, MJ's is gone from Fort Worth...
Woah bummer, they are expensive but have all the high end gear needed to win competitions. Bike Mart's website doesn't look so great. Looks like there is a Trek bike shop in town. The bicycle supply chain is in shambles right now, could get tricky.