GoFrogs: Beach VB falls to ASU on senior Day

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/w-svolley/recaps/030418aal.html

GoFrogs: Beach VB falls to ASU on senior Day

TCU-ASU Box |
media-icon-photogallery.gif
Day 2 - Fight in the Fort

FORT WORTH, Texas - The No. 14 TCU beach volleyball team closed out the Fight in the Fort Sunday with a 4-1 loss to Arizona State.

Jillian Bergeson, in the final home match of her TCU career, and teammate Jaelyn Greene beat Natalie Braun/Frances Giedraitis 21-12, 21-17, to gain what was TCU's only point. Avery Arellano and Jensyn Bledsoe were up a set and leading in the second set over Katie Cross/Cierra Flood when they retired, giving the point to ASU going into the final three matches of the day.

The Sun Devils swept the No. 1, No. 3 and No. 5 matches to win the match.

"It was a rough day for us again. I don't think we handled the pressure after the two losses on Saturday," TCU beach volleyball coach Hector Gutierrez said. "We need to keep working. It's early in the year still. I believe in this group 100 percent, and I think we can do good things."

For the weekend, the Frogs (3-4) went 0-3, while No. 8 Cal Poly went 3-0, Tulane went 2-1 and ASU went 1-2. Bergeson and Greene went 2-1 in their three matches.

In addition to Bergeson, Sunday's match was the final home match in the careers of seniors Brooke Sassin, Cassie House and Kristy Wieser.

The Horned Frogs are back in action Saturday and Sunday in the East Meets West Invitational in Los Angeles. TCU will face Hawaii and Pepperdine on Saturday before meeting USC and UCLA on Sunday.