• The KillerFrogs

Go Cowboys!

Prime BEEF

Honestly don’t think he squirms as much as people think. The dude is worth $10B now, the joke is on everyone who thinks he cares so much about winning.

He might be the greatest salesman in the world.
Yup. Jerry doesn’t care about winning. He cares about making money and he’s proven that he can still make money with the cowboys when they are not winning.

Perfect example is Elliot’s contract. Yeah if they didn’t sign it they could’ve improved the team by adding some other players. But Jerry can make more money by keeping Elliot and selling his jersey. Which is why he signed him. Same thing with Dak. Yeah they overpaid based on his performance but Jerry was thinking about the money he’d make by selling jerseys

Wexahu

Yup. Jerry doesn’t care about winning. He cares about making money and he’s proven that he can still make money with the cowboys when they are not winning.

Perfect example is Elliot’s contract. Yeah if they didn’t sign it they could’ve improved the team by adding some other players. But Jerry can make more money by keeping Elliot and selling his jersey. Which is why he signed him. Same thing with Dak. Yeah they overpaid based on his performance but Jerry was thinking about the money he’d make by selling jerseys
Never really thought of that angle but it makes a lot of sense. From a football perspective paying Zeke (or any running back really) was idiotic, but in the case of Prescott I think he didn't have much choice. You pretty much had to sign him or risk trying to find a replacement which isn't always that easy. Dak is just good enough to keep a team from thinking they need to replace him, that might be his worst quality. LOL.

tjcoffice

The 'boys had 14 penalties in that game, tying an NFL playoffs record. They had the highest number of penalties in the NFL for the season. I think after 25 years, the 'boys are still in rebuild stage......

asleep003

Honestly don’t think he squirms as much as people think. The dude is worth $10B now, the joke is on everyone who thinks he cares so much about winning.

Wex... it makes no difference how much money you have in your pockets... when it comes to your emotional attachment to a sports team... and yes, he does really $quirm... Big Time !!!

Last edited:

asleep003

So he kept a crappy HC for 10 years .... cause he could make more money?%?#?$?&? ... No, he overpaid certain players because he was insecure about his skilled player positions, without them.

Prime BEEF

So he kept a crappy HC for 10 years .... cause he could make more money?%?#?$?&? ... No, he overpaid certain players because he was insecure about his skilled player positions, without them.
Crappy head coaches are cheaper. And no he wasn’t insecure….he knew dak and Elliot would sell more jerseys than better and cheaper skilled players on the market. Name recognition matters when trying to sell more jerseys.

Wexahu

Wex... it makes no difference how much money you have in your pockets... when it comes to your emotional attachment to a sports team... and yes, he does really $quirm... Big Time !!!
Well, let's just say he doesn't mind squirming at all, as long as the money is coming in.

Double V

I think you're giving him too much credit both as a businessman and a competent GM.

CountryFrog

He absolutely cares about winning football games. He just cares about making money a hell of a lot more.

geefrogs

Playoff wins since 2011

Texans - 4
Cowboys -2

Heart Attack Oh Dear GIF by BLoafX
Uh Oh Oops GIF by tv2norge
Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Bounce

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Dang it, man! Some of those Prescott & Elliott jerseys go for $325 in the Pro Shop. I haven't spent that much on the last 20 shirts I've purchased...combined. Yes, I dress like Jethro Bodine...
$325?!? My fine Elly Prizeman shirt wasn't 1/3 of that! The last clothing purchases were Wrangler jeans: $28. MAGPUL T-shirts: $24/ea. Texas Craft Brewers T-shirts: $25/ea.

Then again, I am not the target market for NFL swill.

DelFrog

Playoff wins since the Cowboys last Super Bowl title….
Eagles 14
Giants 10
Cowboys 4
Redskins 0… it’s no wonder they are changing their name

NewFrogFan

Crappy head coaches are cheaper. And no he wasn’t insecure….he knew dak and Elliot would sell more jerseys than better and cheaper skilled players on the market. Name recognition matters when trying to sell more jerseys.
My son played w JRet who took the very indirect route to a Super Bowl ring when the Steelers last won as the deep snapper even though he was a dlineman too. As I remember, the DS tore up knee with 5 games left, JRet gets a call to try out, makes team, snaps rest of season, playoffs and Superbowl.

I have a Pit layover not long after that, go to area right on river and there were Steeler stores everywhere. I want #61, I go in a store tell the owner what I’m looking for, his eyes get huge when he says in strong area accent which sounded New Yorker to me, “that deep snappa” then he tried to say the last name several times. I said Ree Toff Ski (Retofsky). “Yea, that’s his name, his jersey been gone, everyone up here thought he was from Europe wiff that name”!

My ONLY attempt at ever trying to buy an NFL jersey. JRet Austin Police now, Support that thin blue line!