• The KillerFrogs

Get To The Scholl Tonight...

MTfrog5

Definitely agree with what you're saying about Bane. No way are Big 12 teams going to let him single handedly take them apart if there aren't other legit options on the floor to worry about.

The thing is, though, it's still WAY too early to have any handle on how good all these new guys are and how they will come together as a team before conference play starts. So, while there are certainly things to be concerned about with all the unknowns, there's really no reason to be pessimistic about anything at this point. This is the ultimate "wait and see" season with basically a totally new roster.
I agree that’s its way too early but the difference is even our tournament team wasn’t winning games like this by 30

Genbukan

Much much happier with what I saw last night than against D III Southwestern. Some glimpses of talent and potential that fans needed to see. But U LA LA helped us by playing a free flowing, fast paced game. They also didnt have a lot if size so we were never challenged on the boards or by foul trouble.

Don't know that I've seen it mentioned anywhere but the Cajuns also played the entire second half without the Russell kid who went toe for toe with Bane in the first half with 18 points. Looks like hd hurt his leg right before the half.

Lots of positives but after this football season I am trying to do a better job of managing expectations to keep from getting my heart stomped on!

Moose Stuff

Bane didn’t have a guy within 5 feet of him on 90% of his threes. He won’t be open like that come big 12 play. I hope you are right because I love watching Frogs b-ball these days almost as much as football.

I didn’t say we were good. I said what I saw gave me some optimism. I’m not gonna watch Bane drill threes all night and think to myself “well that probably won’t happen in conference”. I’d prefer to think along the lines of “we might be OK if he can keep doing that”.

- Super athletic team
- Best shooting team of the Dixon era
- We have two stars, and the best teams always have stars
- We are deeper than we've been in years
- We have experience in most areas, but depth is almost all youth... Thus, net-net a young team
- Smaller team that plays big... Against big physical teams, that will be tough
- Very encouraged by our pacing and apparent conditioning, especially Samuel

However,

- The Big 12 is really good

Probably still looking at a back half finish in the Big 12 and borderline tournament team, but if they keep jelling and growing guys up, you could see a top 5 conference finish... Crazier things have happened.

Also, those who haven't followed Dixon's career may not realize, but he hasn't always coached "stars" in the past... It will be very interesting to see how we work through and manage Bane and Samuel this year.

Based on what I've seen through two games, they are clearly going to prioritize shots for both, which is a really good thing TBH.

Also, I love what I am seeing from Fuller thus far, and I am 100% certain we won't have a repeat of last season as it relates to our latest star freshman.

Brog

Just saw that the Bull's Coby White nailed 7 (that's SEVEN) 3-pointers in the fourth quarter last night as they beat the Knicks in NY. Shooting three pointers is IT in basketball now.

Rose Bowl

The thing I liked about Fuller and Farabello is that the moment didn’t look to big for them. They make freshmen mistakes but play hard and understand their roles. I look for both of them to be much better by seasons end.

LeagueCityFrog

I think both those teams TCU has played so far this season, Southwestern and Louisiana Lafayette, are both good teams and both will be in contention to win their conference this season. They will be solid wins for TCU on the RPI going forward and I like this TCU team so far. They have to play better defense and rebound better. If they do those two items and stay healthy the sky is the limit.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
PJ has incredible awareness for a FR. At the end of the half, despite having to manage defense and then securing a steal, he knew that the clock was very short. He knew that better than me, who was sitting right in front of a scoreboard only managing drinking a shiner bock, and didn't realize it was nearly halftime. Now, did he have about half a second more than he thought? Yes. But I would have grabbed the ball and leisurely strolled into 0:00 completely unaware.

Latest posts