• The KillerFrogs

Georgia, Michigan and TCU

gofor2

Oregon beating every team on their schedule was the argument to put them in the 2014 playoff.
2014 Oregon was 8-1 in conference play
The last P10 /12 team to run the conference table was 2010 Oregon, who would end up losing by a FG to Auburn in the MNC
I still remember that game because the game winning fg was only possible and set up by a weird "was he down or not" play.

Klaw

I won’t lie, I never ever want to play Georgia. Michigan doesnt Scare me at all. Neither does osu even though they lost today. No one scares me except Georgia.
(and maybe Kansas st next weekend a little)
I don’t understand your Georgia fear.

This year’s Georgia team is no where near as good as last year’s team. Their offense is limited in the passing game outside of Bowers at TE and they very reliant upon the run game. They remind me of Texas and Baylor.

They have only played 2 good teams and both were home games. They looked very shaky at Missouri and Kentucky.

They looked very average

Armadillo

This year’s Georgia team is no where near as good as last year’s team. Their offense is limited in the passing game outside of Bowers at TE and they very reliant upon the run game. They remind me of Texas and Baylor.

They have only played 2 good teams and both were home games. They looked very shaky at Missouri and Kentucky.

They looked very average

I think you missed my point. But okay.

I know we have the sarcasm font. Do we have a “hyperbole” font?

Do we have a font for “extreme playoff takes”?

Someone needs to add those fonts so I’m not taken so literally.

gofor2

They looked very average
I agree.
I would add - they didn't look good vs. Georgia Tech in the first half, either.
Georgia played 7 home games this year and played 2 ranked teams all season - both were home games.

TCUdirtbag

They looked very average
I don't disagree if we were talking about facing UGA on a neutral field. The game would presumably be in Atlanta. An effective UGA home game.

Eight

This isn’t a logic thing. The arguments will change to fit whatever is needed.

In 2014 TCU had the better loss, but Ohio State had the extra data point so the extra data point is why they got in.

In 2022 TCU has the extra data point but Ohio State has the better loss so that’s why they would get in.

Don’t overthink this.

you might want to take your own advice

puckster59

So if Kansas State wins next week, then who resides at the top of the Big XII standings pictured here, and the Big XII’s official conference standings; 7-2 K-State or 9-0 TCU? It is always top to bottom by descending number of wins, so 7-2 on top of 9-0 will look like an ugly error.

We know who gets the Big XII trophy. All this talk about what happens to a 1-loss TCU in the playoff ranking, but the #1 reason to win next week is so that a 9-0 conference regular season realizes what it should—a TCU Big XII title for the Big XII record book, and the accompanying trophy to admire. Baylor got theirs last year, in a mild upset.

It should not be that way, but it is—a reset to 0-0, the regular season record is dismissed, and a one game playoff now decides the Big XII Champion.
Doesn’t the Big 12 recognize regular season and tournament champs in basketball? Seems it should in football. Regular season should mean something in the record books, IMO.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
It depends who’s #1 — which will likely be Georgia but who knows it could be Michigan. #1 gets the geographically-friendly location. Either UGA or Mich would presumably get Peach if #1.

This is a long way of saying nothing is for sure but it’s likely to be 1 v 4 in Peach and 2 v 3 in Fiesta.
Thanks for this. I've been assuming UGA would auto get the Peach. So if we are 4 it is Peach if 3 Fiesta v Michigan

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
So what DID happen in 2014? I've yet to see an explanation other than we were just not enough of a big shot team, so shouldn't be considered.
That is what happened. That is the only explanation.

Plus it happened at the end of the regular season. It had nothing to do with tOSU and extra data points.

Wexahu

So what DID happen in 2014? I've yet to see an explanation other than we were just not enough of a big shot team, so shouldn't be considered.
The team we were being compared with had just won its CCG by 59 points and had a 12-1 record and a better SOS than we did. That's what happened.

This is not the same situation.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The team we were being compared with had just won its CCG by 59 points and had a 12-1 record and a better SOS than we did. That's what happened.

This is not the same situation.
That is [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. We had our loss mid-season and still climbed to No. 3 then won by 52 points and were dropped three spots. Three. Not just one. That was big brand and bias and you damn well know it.

Planks

Just throwing this out there. lol And TCU is ranked 10th in the ESPN power ratings.

These percentages make no sense. How does USC only have a 12% chance of making it? As long as they win the pac 12 championship game, they make it. It doesn’t matter what happens in any other game. This isn’t disputed by anyone.